Forest Warden - obsolete in 3.0?

First of all, excuse me, say that my English is not very good, and I am using the dreaded google traductor.

Seeing the elven list and its Sylvan kin thematic, and the changes with respect to the previous edition, I have thought of having taken this into account?

Seeing the forest warden I realize that it is not fearless, while the forest shamblers and treeherders are.

Shouldn’t it be the forest warden fearless?
if the horde of forest shamblers is - / 17, the treeherder - / 18, being the forest warden - / 15, and even having a small increase in attacks, 4 or 5, 3 falls short (other similar heroes of other races if they have 5 attacks).

what do you think?

Forest Warden seems best used as a Ht 3 light caster who can also score thanks to US 1 and ok defensive stats. I’ve been messing with Sylvan lists, and am pretty excited by using one with Trickster’s Wand or Lute (or Boomstick or Shroud or Zephyr Crown). Obviously not very enthused by their standard Surge (4) :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally I agreed with you, they just seemed really lacking. Personally, I’d like Inspiring (Verdant only), at the least so they can take care of themselves. And if no inspiring, then sure, another attak would be cool to put them in that ‘non-inspiring large infantry bruiser’ role, like the Ratkin Bruiser or Abyssal Despoiler Champ.

As it is tho, 90 pts is really cheap for a decent, scoring support platform that may be overlooked. 105 points for a hexcaster that can look over infantry and tag casters is groovy. 6 CS(2) attaks @ 3+ in a flank is the icing on that cake.

Yes, but just like you see, they see you.
the question is that to be a hero of a unit (forest shambler), they would have to be with an improved profile of that unit, as we can see in units such as:

Depth Horrors = 18 att, ne - / 18 -> 185 pts
Depth Horror Eternal = 5 att, ne - / 16 -> 115 pts

Berserker Braves = 30 att, ne - / 18 -> 230 pts
Berserker Bully = 8 att, ne - / 14 -> 130 pts

Berserker = 20 att, ne - / 17 -> 165 pts
Berserker Brock Riders = 26 att, ne - / 18 -> 195pts
Berserker Lord = 7 att, ne - / 16 -> 110 pts (140 on brock)

Lesser Obsidian Golems = 18 att, ne - / 17 -> 215 pts
Infernox = 6 att, - / 13 -> 140 pts

Butchers = 18 att, ne - / 18 -> 205 pts
Butcher Fleshripper = 5 att, ne - / 14 -> 110 pts

Forest Shambler = 18 att, ne - / 17 -> 200 pts
Forest Warden = 3 att, ne 11/13 -> 90 pts

It should be something style …
Forest Warden = 5 att, ne -/ 13 -> 100-105 pts

I follow. The inconsistency is frustrating from a design perspective. But a crazy thought: maybe the Forest Warden isn’t a hero Forest Shambler, maybe it’s a hero Hunter of the Wild??

nooooo… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: infantry large is no heavy infantry

the RC or the designers of the game may have been literally forgotten, because it is an unused unit.
as if they adjust the units that are abused playing, but those that are not seen, are not seen :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: