Francis' Elves

Over the summer I have been working on a new project based on the Oathmark Elves from Northstar. These are absolutely wonderful, and work for almost any system.

First up is a small command unit of cavalry and an elven king on horse. These were converted by mixing Oathmark with Fireforge Games Byzantine cavalry.

13 Likes

Next we have four of those riders on pagasi. These will be my drakon riders, and the pegasi are a mix of GW, Fireforge, and Perry.

12 Likes

The king on a dragon. I think you guys

recognize the manufacturer of this model ;-).

12 Likes

Rangers.

10 Likes

A trio of wizards. The archmage in the middle had an unfortunate encounter with a witch a few years ago.

13 Likes

Command group on foot for when I play Warlords of Erehwon with this army.

10 Likes

Two regiments of tallspears.

11 Likes

Regiment of archers (I will field these as troops, I think).

12 Likes

And finally my bolt throwers. These are converted from Warlord Games Roman scorpions.

I have a lot more planned, but as I can’t be bothered to start on the last half of the spears and archers I want yet, I am currently waiting for Oathmark to release their elven heavy infantry and cavalry.

17 Likes

Very nice.

The oathmark ranges are great - and kitbash really nicely with the fireforge stuff - my cavalry was done with the templar range (as will the palace/forest guard infantry idc)

1 Like

Thanks.

They really are good models. The templar range is pretty much perfect as well, but I liked the byzantine look for the command cavalry. If Northstar don’t release cavalry soon, I may end up using Teutonic knights for the normal elven knights (with perry horse heads on the horses).

2 Likes

I like the two toned shields and the scorpions work really well with those elves!

1 Like

Looking good @Francis! You have combined two of my favourite things, Elves and Byzantines.

1 Like

Great job Francis. A ‘down to earth’, ‘no fancy hankerchiefs’ elven army. How refreshing. Love the mage trio - especially the shorter one!

3 Likes

Loving it all. Great work.

1 Like

Long time since the last post. I am still waiting for more Oathmark releases, but in the meantime I recently made some fillers so I can run the spears and archers as seaguard, and painted a forest shambler horde.

11 Likes

Treeherder is done.

8 Likes

And a Drakon rider horde plus a lone drakon lord (no riders, I am not sure if they would fit).

The pegasi above are now KoM beast cavalry with fly btw. Which is why I needed the eagles.

8 Likes

Expanded the cavalry a bit. Now a full regiment.

11 Likes

Hi!

I’m (re)starting the hobby after getting a small amount of WH elves 20 years ago. I really like your conversions and want to do something similar for my new units. I especially love your pegasi knights/drakon riders. Would you mind sharing in more detail which bits from which maker and box you used?

4 Likes