Freds Orcs

Thx! Yeah and also it gives them the correct height. :grin: It always bugged me that my previous “platform drum” was taller than it was supposed to be in-game. :wink:

3 Likes

Working on a horde of axe

9 Likes

great base, looking good already.

2 Likes

Thanks Nav. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s actually my first time multibasing an entire horde. I have always advised people not to do so, unless they already have some smaller pieces to play regiments or troops if need be.
Fortunately I already have two troops of Axe which I can play separately or combined as a regiment, and those two can also add to this horde to make a Legion footprint. So I for once feel safe to lock myself to such a large unit size.
(The only thing I cannot do is play several regiments. But I believe that having a massive block with high nerve is a better way to play the orc Axe)

5 Likes

Finished the horde of Ax, posted some pictures in the december painting thread: Dozens December! - painting topic

Reposting here:

12 Likes

I love the colour scheme you use. I’m not a great fan of the Mantic Orc models per se, having spent far too many years collecting GW Orcs and Orks but you make them look great.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Horde of axe looks great Fred.

Looking forward to more good stuff for the new year. :+1:

2 Likes

Photos of the entire army added in the top post (link)

4 Likes

WOW! They are looking great @FredOslow

2 Likes

Fantastic! Well done indeed, especially that it takes a lot of discipline and dedication to continue with a full army project! :clap:

I have only one but very important question. Which model represents Fred Da Boss of the entire army? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Swordie.
Hehe, Fred da Boss is probably the orcling looking panicked with his back against the wall. :sweat_smile:

Screenshot_20210117-190205

7 Likes

Ulpgar the Mad, also added to the top post (last pic)!

4 Likes

Awesome @FredOslow ! Don’t remember having seen non-green Orcs before, but those look really really great! :slight_smile:

Bonus points and grins for “Fred da Boss!” :rofl:

2 Likes

Very nice! Loved seeing this big orc army! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quite the collection there, love the colour scheme. Nice to see Orcs with a different skin tone than the usual green.

2 Likes

Krudger on chariot!

14 Likes

sweet chariot

2 Likes

Love the primitive tech on the mace… rocks are cheap and plentiful after all!

5 Likes