Game photo dump - Free the princess

A friend had finished painting up his goblin warband so we got together for a game at my place. Free the Princess was rolled up. I won the dice off for choosing attacker or defender, so I chose to defend with my undead.

He had two battle groups that were each a Wiz and two spitters, plus a winggit. And also a melee group.

Some early group shooting from those two ranged groups were quite alarming (my wraith had barely landed in a building roof before he was blasted off), but once I’d closed on his winggit and held him back, my Barrow Wight and werewolf were able to clean up.

4 Likes

Looks good!
Free the princess is really hard for the attackers in my limited experience :sweat_smile:

Yeah I’ve struggled as attacker in most of these style scenarios. I’ve lost the stores and princess and beacon as attacker, but have won beacon once as attacker against a new player.

The various “grab X” are one-side if only one of you has Scout. Its all fine for a campaign but I guess it would be troubling in competition play.

1 Like

The 1.1 errata update made the asymmetric battles more balanced by making the Free the Prisoner/Light the Beacon/Fire the Stores actions short instead of long. A small change but has made a big difference in my games.

2 Likes