General advice, Kings of War tactics

You’re completely right, so there’s no overrun, just a repositioning after routing an enemy unit.
The one exeption is after routing an individual, in that case an overrun is possible. See page 34 of the rulebook for details.

This may be for a different rank & file game, however there will be transferable info. This is the first in a series I am working on.

Enjoy.

In fact, there is an option to “overrun” (d6 forward movement) after routing an enemy unit, just not into another enemy unit (as far as the routed unit was not an individual). I guess you consider this forward movement as a form of “repositioning” but it may be slightly misleading to say there is no “overrun”.

Phalanx units on your flanks really mess with the bul’s horns deployment and bog down the opponents cavalry units trying to flank you.

1 Like

First bit of advice i would give would be… have fun!
2nd, Winning is good, but you will learn more in your defeats. Don’t take them as a personal affront, use them to anylise what you did right/wrong, and your opponents tactics. What went wrong? Wasit luck or just one of those games?
The dice gods are fickle… there will always be another day.
Be gracious in defeat, and humble in victory… nobody likes a gloater/or asore loser.

When/if you have those lessons learned, you are halfway there… but remember… have fun.

5 Likes