Host Shadowbeast in Red Rulebook question

Question about Host Shadowbeast spell
So in the big red book it says the target can be “friendly individuals, self only, CC” but in Mantic Companion App it says “friendly individuals, self (individuals only), CC”.
I assume that Companion app is correct?
I’m asking because if the Red Book is correct then non-individual spellcasters would be able cast Host shadowbeast on themselves.

1 Like

The App is more recent and will usually be more up to date than the book. :wink:

Also, host shadowbeast quite obviously is not intended to work on nasty flying things that can get flank charges and happen to be also spellcasters… :open_mouth:

So definitely individuals only imho, no matter the ambiguous wording in the BRB.

2 Likes

Yeah, the RC have clarified that HSB only works on Individuals, including the caster - but hasn’t, as yet, made it into the Errata for the book.

Since the extra attacks don’t double/triple anymore it wouldn’t have been a massive issue anyway

2 Likes

I was kind of hoping to use it on Supreme Ironcaster on Great Winged Halfbreed, but I sadly that won’t happen hehe

2 Likes

Will there be erratae in the future? I fear they will leave it to the companion in future … Worst case of they wouldn’t even inform the community about these changes.

What do you think?

They will, given physical book exists - it’s just that the work to update the two is being done by slightly different groups of people, so its a little disjointed at present.

1 Like

That sounds like a good way to mess stuff up a bit. Why are they doing it like that? They should at least have a person who coordinates between them.

1 Like

They’ve acknowledged things could have been handled better!

1 Like