House rule models

Ladies & Gentlemen, everyone has this one model you really want to stage but which will most probably never receive an official mentioning, so why don’t make up your own rule?!?

In this thread I’d like to discuss home grown unit stats to make them applicable and fun to play. Please feel free - no encouraged! - to argue back and forth!

3 Likes

The first mentioning of a GCPS-Titan I found in Facebook (source: GCPS-Titan on FB)

What’s your opinion?

4 Likes

I am slowly digging into the game and house rules, main reason is the focus on Kings of War at the moment, so FF is just a side game

Did also some testing on larger Walkers, mainly with the Puppetswar Battlewalker in mind but also on using the rules for a Vietnam setting
Rubicon is coming up with a full Vietnam range and FF has all the rules needed to recreate the jungle wars and back in the days of 2nd Edition Warpath creating all kind of armies/settings was a fun part of the game, so I would like to see this coming up again

2 Likes

Thanks for this hint!

Interesting thought about the Vietnam historical…

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to house rule stuff for my Firstborn Space Marines so I can play them in Firefight given that… well… you’ve probably already heard the news of how much stuff in the firstborn range is now flat out gone. I wonder just how easy it will be to house rule entire armies and units (like Chaos Space Marines could be Plague Infected Enforcers). Still trying to figure out how I can proxy armies like Necrons (probably another army to house rule). So, this would actually be a great place to work together on making fan rules for Firefight since it looks very fun (I haven’t played it yet, still need to finish assembling a lot of models before I get started playing other games since most of my built models aren’t even minimum sized units yet.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d love to see more fan armies and settings.

Wow, it’s been two months. Well… here’s good luck to anyone who’s been making progress with house rules. I’m planning on getting a Firefight book so I can get a look at what the rules are and what I can get away with proxying and house ruling.