How do you store and transport your KoW armies?

Great timing. I literally just finished rebasing my Free Dwarfs ready for a KoW day in Mayo.

5 Likes

Several things:

• when you buy the fridge magnet stuff, it is magnetic but it will NOT go with magnets. It only means that it’ll go onto ferromagnetic material like iron/steel, NOT magnets glued under your bases
  • you can buy ferromagnetic rubber sheets, kinda like the fridge magnet stuff. BUT this isnt great, as it’s basically iron dust mixed in rubber, and magnets have like 30% of their strength against it at max. Meaning usually it’s good for the bottom of a storage box, but not for a transport box (if you shake/bump or generally dont keep your box carefully horizontal, magnets will fail on that stuff).
  • if you buy sheets of galvanized steel thin enough (mine are 0.2mm or 0.17mm), then all you need is an xacto knife, a ruler, cutting mat, and some patience. If you mark the cuts like five times in a row (being accurate to get on the exact same spot each time, and applying reasonable pressure, with a reasonably new blade), then you can bend and separate. It only works for straight cuts, but it certainly works.
  • you can buy a paper cutter of a certain strength, they will usually also cut thin steel like that.

Stuff I get:
Stahl Weißblech, verzinnt online kaufen | Modulor => metal stuff to make trays
Magnetfolie Roh Braun 1000mm x Meterware | eBay => this is magnetic, goes under bases or bottom of trays to attach them to metal stuff
https://www.ebay.de/itm/262559629810 => ferromagnetic stuff, to put on the bottom of storage boxes (I used Really Useful Boxes 4L and 9L)

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So… if you have ever seen floor registers (a/c vents in the floors of manufactured homes) there are magnetic sheets that go over those. The sheets are pretty thick and hold up pretty good, unless an 18 month old gets a hold of it and hides it, folds it in half… you know.

Might try those.

1 Like

I saw this in a GSW-newsletter. Looks interesting. The price is quite good

5 Likes