Hrimm, the absolute Legend...and Roxztar! :- now completed

I wanted my Frost Giant to be original, and unique, without taking away from the excellent Mantic maxiature, (You could hardly call it a miniature). Hopefully, i’ve done the project justice, and thanks to Steve for the guitar idea, which i jumped at the challenge and ran away with it.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I was struggling to find strings for the guitar but then I thought, hey it’s a giant… He probably saw a bard with a lute and thought that looks cool, i want one of those. But didn’t look too closely at the details…No one has had the nerve to point out it’s supposed to have strings in case the giant uses their intestine as cat gut

1 Like

Final pics of the completed model, with final touch ups done, base completed, arrows added, and a wash of purple to bring out the inner publish Freakazoid. As the Crosby Stills and Nash song goes, “Let your freak flag fly!” I might still add a couple of guitar strings… We’ll see, but I’m all out of glue.

1 Like

6 Likes

One slight amendment… I took a bit of a risk and manipulated the forefinger and pinky finger to change the pose on them, using my snippers, hot water and pliers to straighten them out… as best I could, while bending the middle fingers in more. Not a complete success but I’m wary of pushing my luck and leaving him without a digit.

4 Likes

I paired down the shoulder too as it was a bit wobbly, so it’d get a better bond. More solid already, I just need to fill in the cracks and paint over it again

2 Likes

This guy is beyond cool!

1 Like

Many thanks. i’m pretty chuffed with the final results, (and also to get a mention by the Mantic Facebook page too!)

Some times it’s the little things that finish them off. The big yin needed a proper base trim, like a good picture needs a frame
not totally convinced on the red though

![frame2|375x500]

3 Likes

With a topic title like that, it is almost taunting the Gods.
What started as a touch up to familiarise myself with my new painting headset and lenses, soon became an all out reconstruction. I removed the guitar, then the right hand was realigned, and then the left was switched out all together, and the new one painted and attached as the model was originally designed. My larger models, giants, birds and such sit out on a shelf display, which over time gathers dust, so a touch up was certainly in the cards.

1 Like

Upgrades now done

3 Likes

old rockers never die, they just go out clubbing instead :wink:

1 Like

I applaud how far you went with this ‘touch up’, it’s very rare that I do reconstructive work on a painted mini. The big lad looks even better for it :blue_heart:

1 Like

Many thanks @Gerrcinn and @Boss_Salvage.
At some point I want to go through my Northern Alliance army and freshen it up. It was the first KoW army i built and I have since realising just how bad my eyesight was, as well as now having a better understanding of how to multi base etc. First, however, i need to finish off my Celts/Herd army which will be more of an upgrade rather than a reconstruction

The the myth, the legend, the giant!!! :grin:

Very well done @Nav !!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

many thanks Mikes

At this point,. Any minor alteration options might cause further errors and everything I can see is done

6 Likes

that looks great Nav, sometimes you just need to call it before you take it a step too far and ruin your hard work.

1 Like

Very true @Gerrcinn

1 Like