Introducing my sons to wargaming

Sweet - I’d seen the FB post in the KoM forum but didn’t know it was your NA army

1 Like

First time playing against a grownup. Lots of mistakes on my end, but it was fun!

It happens!

Nothing wrong with the list btw, which is pretty solid

1 Like

Thanks. I’m thinking I’ll add in some snow foxes as chaff. I realize it’s largely inexperience, but I had a tough time with my lords on frostfang actually getting off good charges. I think they’re great units, but they require some finesse I don’t quite have yet. We’ll see as I practice more.

1 Like

Got in another game, and my opponent was once again gracious enough to put together a well-written battle report:

A win for the Northern Alliance (and a fun test of ice kin troops).

3 Likes

Round 3 of the Northern Alliance vs KOM report is up:
https://regnumaeternum.blogspot.com/2022/05/kings-of-war-3rd-edition-003-kom-vs-na.html

My opponent does another great write-up. In this game, I went heavy on the shooting (ice kin hunters, ice elementals, two bolt throwers), which performed remarkably well against his def 3 and 4 wall of humans. We’re trying to work our way through the scenarios and test out a bunch of different units, so expect continued variety going forward!

I will say that on paper, the ice elementals don’t strike me as that great–but in actual play, they were superb. Def 5, -/17 nerve, surgeable units are powerful!

7 Likes