Super September- painting topic

Cheers, the Fireforge Mongolian range while small is very nice to work with.

I like the use of GW Tomb Kings and old Bretonians in your Arabians/Egyptians. Also it is nice to see a fellow Kingdom of Men, which isn’t based on a European historical nation.

1 Like

I have the luck of no video requirement during many meeting so I have been painting whatever is nearby when I get pulled into one. (It also helps that I think best when my hands are busy)

Here is my contribution to the may painting, a troll for dnd and my goblin vanguard:

1 Like

I’ve actually also found that this is a perfectly valid way of working :smiley:

@all: thanks for the inspirational pictures! This helps to keep me motivated! and well done all!

As for me, I wasn’t really happy with the orginal picture, so I took a new one: I managed to get a better picture taken in real daylight, which is a masstive improvement!

Additionally, yesterday I finished the whole unit:

More pictures for the perpetually bored here:

4 Likes

@LunaGuardian and @Morofang … and suddenly I’m having massive “no video requirement” envy :smile: :rofl:

1 Like

Just based first regiment of goblin spear.

Was going to build movement trays for the regiments to make them hordes. Does anyone run legions of goblins? Are they effective?

Onto building another 45 goblin spear!

5 Likes

Nice @Niall78 ! Keep em coming :grin:

I’m down to my last model before I’m finished with my 1000 point army, finally! :wink:

1 Like

Work and Life has made it difficult to find time at the painting table the last 2 weeks … but … the final Shambler is finally complete :grin:

I’ll post pics of the full 1000 pts. army once he’s based as well

So the brush was with me in May after all :grin:

Anyone else still painting? @Niall78 got eaten by his Goblins, while working on the next Spears? :wink:

3 Likes

Finished this Horde of archers recently, hoping to get the bases done over the weekend

2 Likes

Built another 15 goblin spear, a Mantic elf dragon and a goblin rock lobber.

Nearly done with base painting another goblin regiment.

Pictures when there’s something worth showing except undercoat and base paint. :wink:

1 Like

Been paint more camels (and a giant)! Mumak has just been undercoated :wink:

3 Likes

Finished the troll by adding more depth to the shadows, fixing the colors of his green scabby skin bits, edging said bits with a nice dark purplish brown, cleaned up the skin where needed and reduced the yellow in his claws. Oh and added some mushrooms to the basing.

He now has a finished Luggit buddy. I noticed that the hands and arms were badly damaged from the reposing only after I started painting but decided to keep them that way until I finished other projects. I have been having far too much fun with the mushrooms on the bases, so my painting has been slowed lately as I make mushroom patches. I may have overdone it with my wiz’s base :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Work in progress.

Should go fast enough with the basic preparation now finished.

5 Likes

Love those mushrooms.

Don’t think it’s possible to have too many.

2 Likes

I hear ya on the shrooms @Morofang … my girlfriend been teasing me as I painted all the shrooms on the Shamblers … and eventually got me to paint all the little white dots on them which I didn’t want to do originally … kept making puppy eyes and said “white dots!” :laughing:

@Sceleris I’ve been following your other thread with the whole KOM/Rhordia army. Love the 1001 nights twist on the theme :smiley:

And that’s a lot of Archers @Stonehorse, I’ve yet to paint the first full horde for my army, but that picture makes me want to. Would love to see them all finished/based as well.

… speaking of basing … I’m off to base that last Shambler finally now that the varnish is dry :grin:

… edit: And they are done :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Next couple of bits done - archers & ‘hero on pegasus’

All that is left for this current army is a ‘chariot legion’, currently WiP

Next up is a sylvan kin/elf/nature thing with lots of trees - so thanks for posting yours @Mikes as looking for ideas!

5 Likes

Great stuff @Sceleris! Love the flying carpet. :grin:

And my pleasure, I’ll post the rest of the army now as well as soon as I can get some good lighting conditions … helps when the sun is out :grin:

A lot of “halfway” stuff, i.e. models are finished, basing is not.

Here’s my own replacement “gur panther herd” from Basilea (still unbased, though)

Also the first half of my 3rd paladin foot regiment:

(basing of said warhound pack in the background)

More WIP pictures on my blog:

2 Likes

Second goblin spear regiment ready to go.

And joins their sister spear regiment to make the first spear horde.

Still work to do on the bases and banners but I’ll leave that till I’ve got the army nearly completed.

7 Likes

Hello!

Sorry for not posting for a while but unfortunately, I have not progressed with my painting much in the meantime. It is great to see, however, that many of you keep painting no matter what! That awesome and some fantastic models you got there, well done to everyone!

I am trying to get back to painting again and while I am still far away from finishing the unit, here are the first models:

It is quite interesting project because I want to get 10 models ready in total to form a unit. 5 of them need to be fixed and re-painted (the ones on horses already) and 5 are painted from scratch. It means I will need to paint 5 more horses later (and that includes adding more barding than the model has normally). In addition, I am also casting a few more shields as it seems I lost some of them in the meantime. I am learning how to do it but I am quite happy with the result. I wonder if you can guess which model has the original shield and which one has been a duplicate. :slight_smile:

Last but not least, I would like to continue with the topic during June so if you have an idea for a catchy title, let me know!

12 Likes