Jumbo June! - painting topic

Dear all,

Continuing with the painting topics but also following the suggestion from the forum admins, I am starting a fresh painting topic every 3 months.

I thought that after a year of doing so it may be a good time to create a new theme for April, this time focusing on armies. Some of you have already painted a number of regiments for your armies, perhaps it is a good time to showcase them!

Of course, this is just part of the topic. Feel free to post photos of any of your models and let’s continue the great series of the painting topics!

Cheers!

6 Likes

A Tribal Trackeress, and Great Chieftainess

13 Likes

Soul reaver unit done, plus an army shot so far.

17 Likes

loving the flaking paint on the shields

1 Like

Cheers - just distressed them a touch with a mini dremel and seems to have worked OK.

2 Likes

Gonna paint some ratkin and goblins!

13 Likes

Second undead peg done.

17 Likes

Finished the Soul reaver Infantry.

Moar info &pics here.

16 Likes

Army April … whops, … well I’ll call it “Army of Undead” week and maybe fit in that way! :sweat_smile:

After Monster March I took a short one week break from painting Stormwind and went ahead and finished the rest of the Dungeon Saga Box, since those minis were collecting dust since Christmas. Mortibris was also complaining that he can’t properly do Home Office Dungeon Overlording without properly painted bookshelves … soo …

As @Sceleris said in the other thread … speed comes from not doing anything (too) fancy and that’s what I was aiming for: Decent but not too fancy painting that would get the job done.

Minis finished last week:

And voila: Dungeon Saga Deluxe completely finished now, including one extra Troll (The final adventure requires 3 and suggests to use the Troll Shaman as a third, which I now won’t have to. :slight_smile:) as well as all the furniture, even all the extra furniture in the box that isn’t needed for any of the adventures.

Dungeon Saga Deluxe Completed Pic:

So that project is actually completely done … yay! :grinning: Now off too cook something nice for my fiancee and carefully broach the subject of playing Dungeon Saga to her … :innocent: … well maybe a few days after the wedding … which happens to be tomorrow :partying_face: :grinning:

14 Likes

Stone throwers done.

13 Likes

Good luck with the wedding Mikes!

All the best to both of you.

3 Likes

Thanks Niall!!! We’re all set and ready to go now and very happy that we can go ahead as planned. :slight_smile:

The last weeks were a bit tense, watching the pandemic news and what restrictions would go into effect and what not. :wink:

3 Likes

@Mikes May it be sunny tomorrow for you and your wife-to be tomorrow and all the best. Let’s hope it all goes off without a hitch… apart from the wedding hitch itself

3 Likes

Getting base colors and shade on my new gobbos and rats.

17 Likes

very nice pallete selection @FredOslow

3 Likes

Soul reaver cavalry [edit - better pics]

14 Likes

What paints did you use for them @FredOslow they look really nice.

1 Like

thanks @WoofBird, the metal is balor brown. skin is slaanesh grey, cloth is ratskin flesh, leather/wood is steel legion drab. nuln oil shade on all except the metal. seraphim sepia shade on the metal.
edit: forgot to say, white spray undercoat first.

1 Like

Troop of count-as naiad heartpiercers for SK/FoN (tribal trackers in herd).

15 Likes

Thanks @Nav! We got hitched without a hitch :laughing: and it all worked out as planned and we’re very very happy!!! :smiley:

6 Likes