Kay's Ambusheseses

Some really cool person wrote this and I think you should see what they have to say.

I’m working on multiple Ambush armies, so I shall keep them all here

9 Likes

Working on something rather different for Ambush. A partly non-Mantic force. I’m from the Isle of Man, where Celtic traditions still hold strong, and I wanted a force to represent that. So I’m making a Herd army, as the high movement, pathfinder, and thunderous charge coupled with low defence seems ideal. Two regiments of tribal spears using Warlord Celts, a unit of Longhorns, probably using Warlord Dacian Falxmen, a regiment of earth elementals, which look stunning in resin now. Some ogres as a regiment of guardian brutes. The FoN Druid, and another undecided hero. At some point probably some chariots so that I have an excuse to buy those beautiful Victrix Celtic chariots.

10 Likes

fancy stuff. I imagine Nav won’t be long in spotting this. Afterall he has a fondness for the celts in kings also.

2 Likes

thanks, I’m finding that Ambush is really allowing me to go wild with ideas, and historical plastics are even cheaper than Mantic. One box of Celts is easily enough for two regiments, or even three by the time I’ve got trees on the bases.

4 Likes

I’ve a bunch of romans to use, but they’re all lead so no savings on them :slight_smile:
Looking forward to playing more ambush to sucker other people in though

2 Likes

Lead Romans seems like a suitable pairing, plumbum romanus.

yesss, sucker in all the Ambush victims

2 Likes

Snow dwarfs.

Snorfs?

I want to make a few units of snow dwarfs that could either be a dwarf Ambush force, or dwarf units to go in a Northern Alliance army.

9 Likes

Snarfs??

Cannon on skies is particularly fun.

4 Likes

yeah I rather like the ski cannon I must say

1 Like

Snorfs and Snarfs are both great names, I was going to suggest Frost midgets but I worry it might be a bit politically incorrect.

1 Like

Indeed so

1 Like

Making my winter elf army. I’ve ordered some shields for the infantry to be forest guard, ravens will be drakon riders. Icekin hunters will be gladestalkers, icekin bolt throwers as elven bolt throwers. Then everything can be dual purpose.

6 Likes

ordered these from Etsy, the eagle motif will work well to be ravens too.

Got an initial Ambush army of drakon lord, two regiments of drakons, and three regiments of forest guard.

For a full army I want to make drakon hordes, a dragon lord, maybe some stormwind cavalry.

I’d really like to attend Clash of Kings next year, and I’m thinking this would make a cool (frozen) army to work towards.

7 Likes

does Ronnie know that an elf has kicked a dwarf off its raven? o.O

lovely models, I’m building the starter army at the moment.

I’ve been experimenting with creepers and vines on the spoopy trees using hemp

anyway, have fun with the elfs in the north

4 Likes

I’m definitely not motivated by a desire to annoy Ronnie… nope, not me :wink:

that tree looks superb, great work.

Hoping to have an ambush game next Friday at Mantic, got three regiments of forest guard to build. Sadly the shields are coming from the Netherlands so I doubt they will arrive in time. Had some ideas for a unit of palace guard and might make a spear elf unit too using mantic elf spears like I’ve done with the raven riders. they’re a great size fit and the spears look cool. Need to build the drakon lord and not sure yet how to make them stand out, but I have one or two notions. same if I do a dragon lord.

3 Likes

Initially I went for this gnarled root crest kind of thing. Now I’m considering this slightly more elegant alternative. Not sure which I prefer for a winter wood eld kind of feel.

6 Likes

WIP of my Lord on ‘dragon’

12 Likes

That’s so good

2 Likes

thanks very much

2 Likes

Very dynamic modelling, works extremely well. Nice brushwork too.

One quibble:- surely laydee ambusheses😀

1 Like