Keno's all Mantic Sylvan Kin

How are everyone’s Sylvan Kin projects going? I recently got into KoW (in the summer) and I’m partway through my army.
I’m super stoked to get my GW Corvus Cabal over the holidays to use as TreeLeapers and Wrath of Kings Goritsi Wardancers as my Boskwraiths.

1 Like

I made an elf army that was supposed to work as both twilight kin and sylvan kin but haven’t had time to add much of the more sylvan units. I do have a treeman lying around which I could (and should!) paint up to get going on the wooden stuff. :grin:

1 Like

I’m still painting up my classic mixed elf army as posted in the painting thread. Only a small detachment of 2 Regiments of Forest Shamblers planned (but already painted), but a Tree Herder is definitely on the list as well.

Still trying to decide between the Otherworld and the Mantic Model for the Tree Herder. I like the Mantic Model but I am a bit worried about transportation. Anyone has experience with it? Is it possible to transport it safely without risk of snapping those tiny resin branches on the top?

1 Like

I’m still scavanging through Ebay for cheap Elves. I got a quite a few, but Undead are my priority atm. I was quite happy to see Gladestalkers becoming regular since Halpi. So I’ll get some of those.

I should totally do that! My second project is a Nightstalker army with Tzeentch demons. Should really just combine them and play Twilight Kin.

1 Like

After a quick poll, forum readers decided, that I should continue with my all Mantic Sylvan Kin project. Current state is this:

The Terrain Crate tree in the background is part of my base fo the Hunters of the Wild, which will be next after I finished my Boskwraiths.

12 Likes

I’m thinking about using the Mantic centaurs as Stormwind Cav, because I think the Stormwind model are too armoured for Sylvan Kin. What would you think? Is that too confusing to play against? Otherwise I could Centaurs incl a Captain as Allies.

1 Like

To throw some ideas out there - could you paint some sections as leather/wood (particularly on the horses)? Maybe give the armour a verdigris, or perhaps just a more coppery, less steel plate look?

Don’t know if extending their cloaks would work? To cover more of the metal.

I reckon having the minis more spread out and not so close, avoiding 2x5, would also visually make a difference. Less a thundering wall of steel.

1 Like

I think it could work if you painted them up like the green night. Silver amour with a green wash (contrast paint?).

I hear the mantic centaurs are a difficult kit, so I’d only use them if you love the models.

You could convert their silver breeze riders with lances for some medium cav?

@MarkG Yes, thar would be possible. Maybe I have to take a closer look on the Stormwind riders.
@MechaSturgeon Good idea. I like the models actually and I think it would look more wild with centaurs, elves, panthers and treemen.

I finally finished my Boskwraiths! They are basically Gladestalkers with two handweapons and a few critters on the base. I still like the Mantic Elves, especially as Sylvan Kin, due to their ‘alien’ look.

PS: I know, the critters are not 100% Mantic, but I count them as base decoration like tufts😉

10 Likes

Those look great! :slight_smile: I was also thinking about modifying the standard Elves a bit, double weapons for Boskwraiths sure works and looks great. I’ll probably use the same models with bows and add some cloaks to make Gladestalkers for my army eventually. :wink:

1 Like

The base for the Hunters of the Wild incl two test models:

This is going to be the unit leader:

Once the colours are chosen, this unit should be easy to paint.

A LoI Gladestalkers will become my Master Hunter:

And the Green Lady will be mostly fielded as an Archmage:

9 Likes

Only slight progress made.

I will paint the monopose Hunters in different colours of wood, maybe try a birch one. But it will still be challenging to make them look different from each other. Conversion options are not that great, but I like the overall look.

5 Likes

Not exactly @Sceleris speed, but I finished two Hunters of the Wild. I’ll have ti speed things up, but I think this will a really cool unit once done.

14 Likes

Shaping up nicely! Are you going maximum model count?

The different colours for the Hunters was a good idea. Turning out great!

1 Like

Thanks @MarkG , @MechaSturgeon ,

I’m going for PMC. I had to buy quite a few of those Hunters on Ebay. Not exactly a bargain.

2 Likes

Gives you some space for trees and foliage!

Yep! Although, there won’t be too much space. The models are quite big and the tree does the rest.

1 Like