Keno's all Mantic Sylvan Kin

To throw some ideas out there - could you paint some sections as leather/wood (particularly on the horses)? Maybe give the armour a verdigris, or perhaps just a more coppery, less steel plate look?

Don’t know if extending their cloaks would work? To cover more of the metal.

I reckon having the minis more spread out and not so close, avoiding 2x5, would also visually make a difference. Less a thundering wall of steel.

1 Like

I think it could work if you painted them up like the green night. Silver amour with a green wash (contrast paint?).

I hear the mantic centaurs are a difficult kit, so I’d only use them if you love the models.

You could convert their silver breeze riders with lances for some medium cav?

@MarkG Yes, thar would be possible. Maybe I have to take a closer look on the Stormwind riders.
@MechaSturgeon Good idea. I like the models actually and I think it would look more wild with centaurs, elves, panthers and treemen.

I finally finished my Boskwraiths! They are basically Gladestalkers with two handweapons and a few critters on the base. I still like the Mantic Elves, especially as Sylvan Kin, due to their ‘alien’ look.

PS: I know, the critters are not 100% Mantic, but I count them as base decoration like tufts😉

10 Likes

Those look great! :slight_smile: I was also thinking about modifying the standard Elves a bit, double weapons for Boskwraiths sure works and looks great. I’ll probably use the same models with bows and add some cloaks to make Gladestalkers for my army eventually. :wink:

1 Like

The base for the Hunters of the Wild incl two test models:

This is going to be the unit leader:

Once the colours are chosen, this unit should be easy to paint.

A LoI Gladestalkers will become my Master Hunter:

And the Green Lady will be mostly fielded as an Archmage:

9 Likes

Only slight progress made.

I will paint the monopose Hunters in different colours of wood, maybe try a birch one. But it will still be challenging to make them look different from each other. Conversion options are not that great, but I like the overall look.

5 Likes

Not exactly @Sceleris speed, but I finished two Hunters of the Wild. I’ll have ti speed things up, but I think this will a really cool unit once done.

14 Likes

Shaping up nicely! Are you going maximum model count?

The different colours for the Hunters was a good idea. Turning out great!

1 Like

Thanks @MarkG , @MechaSturgeon ,

I’m going for PMC. I had to buy quite a few of those Hunters on Ebay. Not exactly a bargain.

2 Likes

Gives you some space for trees and foliage!

Yep! Although, there won’t be too much space. The models are quite big and the tree does the rest.

1 Like

Keen to see more of this army!

1 Like

Thanks, keen to work more on this army. Time is an issue though atm.

1 Like

I finished 5 Hunters of the Wild (and a squirrel):

11 Likes

Finally the Hunters are finished! The base is not final of course. More pictures soon.

8 Likes

8 Likes

You should be proud @KptKeno. You made that sculpt go a long way!

2 Likes

Fun and fearsome trees!

1 Like