Keno's Undead - (probably) never finished

Better pics of the Soulreaver Cav:

10 Likes

The Vampire on undead Pegasus is done and so are 2000pt ( 1995, to be precise)!

I will post better pictures of the Vampire and shots of the whole army in terrain soon and then close this thread.
Thanks for all the support, ideas, feedback and motivation!

14 Likes

Woohoo. Well done. Nice going on finally getting it finished :+1:. But what happens when you play a 2300 point game? I think you need more stuff :joy::joy::joy:. That’s the justification that runs through my mind on every new miniatures order!

4 Likes

Thanks and well said, but I don’t need to order more minis for Undead. They are already here!:wink:
But first I’m going to continue to paint my Abyssal warband for Vanguard.

/Cheers! Congrats and a great achievement! I’m still on the slow march up to 1500 before I go on to 2000, so it will be a while till I join ya there! :laughing:

2 Likes

is Finished a real word, :-p well done.

3 Likes

A worthy finish to a great force!

1 Like

Here are pictures of the (not so) final army in terrain:

BTW: I’m aware that it’s not a good list!

23 Likes

Great looking army,lovely stuff.

Don’t worry - I haven’t yet painted an effective, points efficient KoW army that will do OK on the table - and I’m on army 10 :wink:

3 Likes

Great looking undead! I especially like the werewolves.

@Sceleris: I see your 10 and raise you 18…and hardly 2 good lists among them :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Looking great . Good work getting through it all

1 Like

I just realised I forgot to take pictures of my wraiths in the last post :sweat_smile:! Well, they are up there somewhere, so…

@KptKeno, love your army, esp the full model count on many of these! Great!

Love the Goreblight too.

@Sceleris and @ThaneBobo, the idea is to expand on one army ad infinitum. My undead are used as both Empire of Dust and regular undead to keep things fresh and I keep adding units from time to time. Likewise, my humans have been Brotherhood (both kinds), Rhordia, Basilea and KoM in the past five years.

So while I have two main armies, they play as six.

Of course, there’s also a few other projects, but these are discontinued at some point, while my undead and yellow-black humans come back every time.

4 Likes

Yeah, a lot of my armies are multipurpose. Since none are even remotely single manufacturer, with consistent colour scheme/basing it gives scope to do stuff.

Have a dark age style lot, which covers Varangur, KoM and Undead; an elf/SK/FoN/herd one; a couple of KoM/Brothermark/Basilean ones and an eastern vibe KoM/LoR/anything random which camels/elephants will fit! This is in addition to fairly standalone abyssals, dwarfs & NA

1 Like

I guess there is sense in using one army for different list. It certainly cut some cost in building the army. And it is easier to do transition from one edition to another. I know I had problems readjusting lists when 3rd edition rolled in.

Thanks a lot @Vince !
Except the Zombie legion (50 + corpse cart) and the wraiths (16)they are all FMC. I really like the look of full bases, it’s part of the charme of Rank and Flank games, I think.
But then there are plenty of stunning PMC and MMC units here that look absolutly brilliant. It’s down to personal style and rule of cool, I’d say.

4 Likes

Great project, they force looks absolutely wonderful. The heraldry colours help unify the diverse undead units.

2 Likes

Uups, I did it again…
I counted my unboxed Zombies (65!) and bought this:

Together it will become my second (!) Zombie Legion for the Shambling Blight formation. Why do I do this to myself? I honestly don’t know. There is something about Zombie legions, Ghoul and Skeleton hordes that I can’t resist.

10 Likes

awesome @KptKeno

1 Like

A number of the Endless Spells sets are awesome for odd buts of KoW stuff

1 Like