This is my Basilean warband so far:

Paladin Defender

Gur Panther

Men at arms

Crossbowmen

9 Likes

I finished a Sisterhood Scout:

8 Likes

The sister really looks ace in the terrain, like she would be really scouting there :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

This picture is amazing, love how detailed everything is!

1 Like

Thanks guys @WolleK, @Morofang!
I’ve never been into terrain building. For some unknown, mysterious reason Vanguard changed that. Quickly after my Kickstarter pledge arrived I started building terrain for it. I love to do the finishing touches, like tufts, leaves etc. Haven’t touched the minis that much, which is a shame. I have good fun painting these Basilean. It’s a nice change to paint some ‘good’ guys :smiley:

1 Like

The Ogre Palace Guard is finished:

I didn’t have time to put him into some terrain. Maybe I’ll post better pics soon.

4 Likes

The Paladin Chaplain:

4 Likes

I finished my 200pt Basilean warband:

My next warband is coming into the mortal world:

9 Likes

Nice warband! Is that gaming mat and ruins from Mantic?

Yes, they are from the Vanguard kickstarter. I think they are available in a terrain crate now.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful warband :slightly_smiling_face: I like the basilean resins a lot, to me they are the best from the KS. (Painted them myself and hope to expand them to a full army, maybe next year. :wink:)

1 Like

Thank you @WolleK @ThaneBobo!
They are brilliant minis! At first I was least interested in the Basilean warband from my Kickstarter, but now it’s the first warband I painted.
And I too am tempted to play a whole army of them. Damn you, Mantic!

1 Like

My newest addition to the Forces of the Abyss warband:
Imps

and a second Flamebearer

He’s a small conversion. The head is the spare head from the Tormentor, the right hand is from the lower Abyssal sprue.

3 Likes

Very good start :slightly_smiling_face: I love the character of the Miniatures and I think your colour scheme supports it: creatures that look evil, but in an ironic and humorous way. Especially the Imps, which are IMO the coolest “swarm” in Vanguard or KoW.

An incredibly bad picture of my Gargoyle:

1 Like

And some slightly better pictures:

5 Likes

I finished two Lower Abyssals for my Abyssal warband:

I started to paint Vanguard before I started to play KoW. Coming back now after painting 2000pt of Undead (incl a Zombie legion!) is quite satisfying. You get results really quick!:wink:

4 Likes

They look great!

And yeah I had dreams of having multiple KoW armies. But it’s just not achievable at my painting speed. Multiple Vanguard Warbands, however…

1 Like

very cool models. looking great

1 Like

These look great, the war band sits together nicely! Have you played many Vanguard games yet? What are your thoughts on the Vanguard rules and how do you compare KoW and Vanguard? (I know they are going for different styles of play!)