Kingdom of Men - Mini's help

So I’m taking the plunge and I’ve already ordered of perry mini’s (1400-1500’s kings and war of the roses archers)

I’m looking for some minis for the war engines, does anyone have any suggestions where I could find mini’s for these?

Thanks

So it depends what you fancy and price?

Wargames foundry have a range of cannons & mortar type efforts, as well as war machine crew.

Nolzurs d&d have a cannon and a stone thrower (plus bolt throwers but probably don’t fit stylistically).

Warbases do MDF war engines - bolt throwers are £2!

2 Likes

Ive just put on new bases order in for warbases, never realised they had these bolt throwers.

ill check out out the other suggestions, I’m going for a very historical medieval England style .

Thank you :slight_smile:

You could also look at cannons from perry/warlord Napoleonic ranges and swap out the crew?

1 Like

I just painted up a pair of these, and they look great. Good price, too.

1 Like

They do look good :slight_smile:

FYI - those are the nolzurs ones I’d referenced and are nice (esp for the price)

1 Like

Wizkid’s Deep cuts has a double cannon pack that’s like $5 and they have a catapult for $5 as well, that I think look more than good enough for me. Not sure if they have a ballista or not.

1 Like

Yeah, they have a bolt thrower - kitbashed Frostgrave/Fireforge crew

With the ones listed here that’s 4 or 5 war engines right there at the cost of one from a wargame company.

I will say from what I hear ballista are kinda meh right now in KoW

Yeah - www.warbases.co.UK also do cheap MDF ballista

They don’t have the same impact as cannons, but a couple of shots on 4+ with OK range & damage can be pretty handy. They are also far less of a target, so tend not to get picked on.

5 Likes

Also this is generic enough to fit all Kingdoms of Men, I use it in my Mongolian themed Kingdoms of Men.