Kingdom of Men tournament help

Hi,
Can any tournament players give advice on a decent KOM 2000pts tourny list? I have plenty of models so go your hardest! All those who reply will be guaranteed a place in Heaven!
Cheers,
Dingougly

Here’s an opening shot from me, a person who doesn’t play Kingdoms of Men :sweat_smile:

Army: Kingdoms of Men
Unit Count: 14
Unit Strength: 23

240, Spear Phalanx Horde
– Pikes
– Indomitable Will
235, Foot Guard Horde
– Indomitable Will
235, Foot Guard Horde
– Indomitable Will
105, Pole-Arms Block Regiment
100, Mounted Sergeant Troop
100, Mounted Sergeant Troop
190, General on Winged Beast
190, General on Winged Beast
90, Hero on Pegasus
120, General
– Horse
90, Wizard
– Inspiring Talisman
– Lightning Bolt (3) to replace Fireball
– Bane Chant (2)
100, Cannon
100, Cannon

General on horse could become The Captain on foot, if you fancy his redeploy ability, tho I rate the speedy General for helping in combats and telling flyers to sit down if needed. Pole-Arm regiments could become Bowmen regiments (with 10 pts left over) if you fancy tossing some shots down range instead of combo-charging / hunting for lucky CS1 flanks. Their survivability is identical and they both unlock for cheap.

Slow steady and violent!

Base is fairly similar to the above one (which I hadn’t read when pulling this together) so shared things are probably solid choices!

Compared with the other, this basically drops winged beasts down to pegs, tools up the hordes and has extra polearm over light cav.

Army: Kingdoms of Men

Unit Count: 15

Unit Strength: 27

260, Spear Phalanx Horde

Hammer of Measured Force

Pikes

Indomitable Will

275, Foot Guard Horde

Brew of Strength

Indomitable Will

265, Foot Guard Horde

Blessing of the Gods

Two-Handed Weapons

Indomitable Will

95, Hero on Pegasus

Blade of Slashing

90, Hero on Pegasus

115, Wizard

Inspiring Talisman

Horse

Lightning Bolt (3) to replace Fireball

Bane Chant (2)

115, Wizard

Boomstick

Pegasus

Lightning Bolt (3) to replace Fireball

75, Army Standard Bearer

Lute of Insatiable Darkness

100, Cannon
100, Cannon
90, Siege Artillery

1 Like

Hi,
Some great ideas there, thanks very much. What do you think of Fanatic horde instead of Foot Guard?
Cheers,
Peter

You basically swap damage output for defensive capability - nothing wrong with them but more vulnerable to basic shooting

ok thanks.

I dig Fanatic regiments personally, have been using similar Me 3+ WC regs in other lists and enjoying them. I think Indomitable Will sorta devalues their fearless when it comes to hordes, plus you can make Foot Guard hit harder, you can’t really make Fanatics survive better.

Hi,
I think you’re correct. I have a number of Gauls/celts that make good fanatics and I like to use them sometimes but Foot Guard are more sensible!

i haven’t been playing long but i’ve been studying with the help of friends who have. and i have come to the general conclusion that less durable units like fanatics need to be paired with defensive units. either larger durable units like pikes or footguard with the fanatics acting as flankers, or chaff meant to keep the enemy away from the fanatics for a turn so they can get in a punch before taking damage.

so for this army i’d suggest replacing the Polearms with Fanatics, rather than the footguard. the footguard and/or pikes acts as a bulwark the enemy will get stuck on, which will let you use the fanatics to hit the sides. it might also be a good idea to either drop the singular pike horde and stick to two hordes of footguard, or drop one horde of footguard and replace the other with more Pike’s. use the points saved to add some more mobile units like Knights or mounted sargents, which can threaten the opponents backfield and give the chance to grab objectives. (the mobile forces in your current list are all individuals, which lacking unit strength cannot claim objectives)

1 Like

Hi Mithrilcoyote.
yes the fanatics need chaff to protect them from charges but this means they are disadvantaged re Wildcharge D3.
Cheers,
Dingougly.

ps I see a canine theme here: coyote and dingo. Very X files!

1 Like