Kingdoms of Men & Brothermark

Dragon rider up next

8 Likes

Lovely work as always.

I’ve got a soft spot for your KoM army Dave!

First Kingdoms of men army I ever played against,
And for about 18 months I think I played against you at every tournament we were both at. Always a gentleman and brilliant tactical games.

Looking forward to our first game post lockdown

3 Likes

Brocks charging pikemen still isn’t a good idea :wink:

2 Likes

Army so far - as Brothermark & as KoM

19 Likes

I love all of this. Great work. Stunning Phoenix

1 Like

Fabulous

Back to doing some more rank & file after a break doing some ‘fun’ stuff.

10 Likes

Crossbowmen - shame they are pretty rubbish in game :frowning:

18 Likes

i have the same problem with my Elf archers in my Northern Alliance army, my horde of goblin spitters (although they do get a decent footprint for holding/protecting my own objectives) and i’ll be similarly cursed with my slingers as Tribal trappers for my Herd.

2 Likes

I also had the same problem while trying to use handgunners in my KoM army. Eventually I had to drop them as they simply didn’t perform in any role I could think of.
After some further thought I decided that the issue was not that their shooting was poor (it is, but what do you expect in a melee-centric game) but that their melee value was too low.
If I recall correctly, most human ranges troops have Me 5+ compared with 4+ for standard human combat troops and 3+ for elites. Increasing ranged troops melee value to 4+ would at least make them an option in a combat support role to augment the few points of damage they add through shooting.
Has anyone experienced this in other gaming systems?

3 Likes

Yeah, I look at them as units that could just hold an objective and maybe take out the odd bit of chaff. But for 15pts less I can get a shieldwall reg, which is +1me, +1de and +1US - so definitely better at the holding role - while a handful of ra 5+ shots isn’t great (the war bow would probably do as much for 5pt)

2 Likes

i would be the same, although i often splash out 20 points for Dragonshard shield for my goblin spitters horde, giving them 6+ front facing defence for the first turn of any combat, which means if something is trying to shift them off the objectives they are contesting, it might take 2-3 turns to shift them off it… or Hammer of measured force for 20 points is also good

Spearmen/pikes done. Have a few archer units to do then calling this projected done for a bit.

14 Likes

Archers.

13 Likes

it reminds me of Braveheart , where the English General shouts “Archers!” and the command trickles through the ranks and the bowmen shuffle through the ranks and form up to rain arrows down on the Scots.

Finally got round to starting some elohi conversions so I can run a Basilean list if need be. V&V 40mm models and wings from a gw dark eldar kit.

11 Likes

14 Likes

Very nice…

1 Like

Love the conversion for the elohi, very good looking.

1 Like

With the release of the Clash update have a couple more bits planned for these guys.

Monarch planning!

Crown (knight rally) - Lost Kingdoms shrine. Going to use fireforge crusaders as bodyguard rather than the knights shown, and will build base a up a touch to get a little more height

Sceptre (berserker vicious) - GW orruk troggoth. Will head swap with marauder/barbarian (the skull mask is separate so will probably use)

Sword (slayer) - dungeons & lasers dragon. May add rider or individual on foot on the base, along with extra terrain crate treasure - will also work as a second high paladin on dragon for the brothermark.

11 Likes