Kingdoms of Men & Brothermark

Also going to fit some converted runewars models in as panther cav so can run as more of a full basilean army.

11 Likes

Berserker Monarch built

12 Likes

Latest build phase done

7 Likes

Latest WiP bits - 2 Monarchs, some panther cavalry and some archers.

11 Likes

Monarch with Crown of Chivalry (Rally 2 - Knights)

13 Likes

10 Likes

very nice model @Sceleris

1 Like

@Sceleris i can almost tell that it is one of your models as they all have a distinctive unique matt finish and soft tone. Which paints do you use? Or is that a family secret recipe ?

1 Like

Yeah “oh, it’s brown, must be Dave!”

Black undercoat, drybrush everything steel legion drab, banebkade brown and rakarth flesh.

Then it’s mainly contrast stuff - aggaros dunes, skeleton hordes, gore grunta fur, wildwood, flesh tearer and blood angels reds.

Stuff then gets zandri dust or rakarth highlights, earthshade wash or both and tidy stuff up.

2 Likes

@Sceleris your secret is safe with me :slight_smile: It is an effective method, always looks great. I particularly like the highlighting /dry brush effect on the edges of the plinth which brings it out nicely.

I am thinking about trying my Celtic ‘Herd’ army as Kingdoms of men, to compare the two army styles

2 Likes

Heroes for the Brothermark part of this.

Exemplar Hunters - Orders of the Bear, Lone Wolf & Hawk

10 Likes

Including a previously painted dragon, think these cover the various Monarch options (for this particular army!)

13 Likes

The Outlaws in KoM (or count as Sister Scouts if going Basilean)

12 Likes

Last of the old basilea m@a conversions done as a standard bearer.

7 Likes

Runewars Leonx models with some oathmark elf and fireforge Russian bits.

13 Likes

WiP archer regiments (going old school!)

8 Likes

You are officially famous now!

4 Likes

Steve’s flagged a couple of my rambling posts here - previous ones included “bonkers” and “he has a problem” in the commentary - this one is politer!

3 Likes

Ah, look at you old show bizz dog! He doesn’t care anymore, all the fame…:laughing:

4 Likes

It was nice he used my pic as the cover though!

2 Likes