Kings of War & Vanguard 15mm

We play KoW and Vanguard in 15mm around here. Thought Id show of some om my army/hobby-progress here, my main projects are Abyssal Dwarf and Hobgoblin armies. :slight_smile:

Here is a regiment of Abyssal Dwarf Slayers

A regiment of Immortal Guards

10 Likes

You just can’t beat those models. They look awesome!

1 Like

I’d love to play in 15mm. And I have plenty of models in that scale for it.
How do you do the bases sizes in that scale, however? Seems always a challenge to figure out.

I guess its all about finding a local meta. Here, Gothenburg Sweden, we simply swap inch for cm and half the base measurements. Its not 100% correct, but good enough for us and keeps it simple and fun. Some brits Ive talked to prefer 60% och original size and measurements.

For KoW2 we used this, I just made it for our group to keep track. Some stuff should be updated for KoW3 I guess. But atleast you’ll have an idea of how we do it. :slight_smile:

Other than that we play on a roughly 75x50 cm area and do all measurements in cm rather than inch.

2 Likes

Been making a bunch of Golems to beef up the army. Infernox, Hellfane wip, Golem for Vanguard, Lesser Golems and a Greater.

1 Like

Here is the first of the Golems painted up. It will be used for Vanguard, hence the smaller base. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those look oddly menacing now that you’ve painted them.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Here is my Infernox for KoW, the lore didn’t say too much about them. So went for a fusion of Abyssal Dwarf and Obsidian, as the previewed model by Mantic. Maybe it should have been more of a “Berzerk”-character?

4 Likes

Since Kings of War 3ed dropped Ive been really eager to get my Abyssal Dwarfs up to a decent army size. Managed to field a 2000pts army, but aim to knock out a few of the bigger/easier pieces before painting Infantry and sculpting more Tjublings. (Which will come soon anyway…) But here’s my conversion of the Abyssal Dwarf Supreme Ironcaster on a Great Winged Half breed. A Tjubling version would Ideally be more in line of a “classic” Lamassu, but I think this conversion fits the frame atleast as a big mutated winged monster with magical abilities.

4 Likes

”Overmaster on Ancient winged halfbreed”

3 Likes

Lets FIREBALL something! :smiley:

4 Likes

And he is ready for battle…

3 Likes

Those look wonderful, who is the manufacturer of those Evil Stunties? May have to see if I can get my group into 15mm, it does allow for much bigger games.

Love the conversion work, I think I prefer your take of Obsidian Golems to that of Mantic’s.

1 Like

Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Ive actually sculpt the Abyssal Dwarfs myself. But they are cast and sold by Admiralty Miniatures through their Etsy Store.

Jupp, either bigger games or just smaller table space. What I love about 15mm is that its still fun to paint and you are able to fit two armies and terrain in a shoe box pretty much. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

May have to see if I can get my group I to that scale, and if they do… I’ll be putting in a sizeable order for those Evil Stunties!

1 Like

There are soo many cool manufacturers in 15mm, can really recommend it! If you enjoy modeling and building its alot easier to try out ideas and concepts as well. Everything feels “doable”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the main reason for rounding the cav units down to 60mm? Number looks better than 62.5mm? Wanting to get into smaller scale myself.

To be honest I can’t remember when we decided on that… :slight_smile: