KoW Summer News Stream Preview

There’s no nerfs though. Only buffs. I suspect the formation would be for skeletons. I don’t think anyone wants the coven to make a return :joy:

2 Likes

And of all complimentary themes there are, this big guy is painted in one which is main theme for flag models for game system of company who is the biggest fish in a pond. To me that is just strange choice, nothing more.

Blue and Gold? Clearly a House Steiner Royal Guard Battletech Ripoff! Totally! … Since those existed before Sigmarines as well, GW must have ripped off Battletech too. Makes complete sense :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Pretty certain that Maximilian II has an earlier hand on blue/gold armour before EVEN GW ip lawyers could :wink:

4 Likes

I like Skeleton Spears when their Def 4 comes into play. Which is to say, whenever you’re not facing a tuned up CS2+ everywhere army. Slightly higher US is nice, and they look cool.

Air Elementals for Sylvan Kin could be interesting. Not exactly a change I’m looking forward to given that we need something that hits harder than tissues and/or has toughness, and more fast light soft hitters… is exactly not that lmao. Lets hope there’s more than just those. Especially given that SK don’t get good Surge outside of Tree Herders!

3 Likes

True, I think Kyle mentioned, that they want to put new models into more armies for sales. I think that’s what happened with the Air Elementals. Models are cool, but I don’t see them in my SK list. Gladestalkers will get a special rule or something. Let’s see what we get there. Did he mentioned it on Countercharge?

I have a horde of Skeleton Spearmen lying in wait for a buff. They look really cool and it’s a shame they don’t get game time.

3 Likes

Most of my skeletons have spears just as it fits the army style better (dark age vibe), but generally seem only with it in really cav heavy meta events

4 Likes

While my lips are sealed…

That’s metal with a bit of a blue tint, rather than blue.

6 Likes

I, for one, will welcome our new orc overlords.
Should have made that armour in the artwork red, the release would be here so much fasta!

4 Likes

Halfling Beta List is now on Easy Army for Subscribers

3 Likes

Even the Empire of Dust would be a better fit. At least they’d have enough Surge, and a niche they’d fill.

1 Like

I’m hoping a strong dash of flavor and very little competitively. 2E formations were either useless, fun, or so amazing they were composition warping, and have been in every game system I’ve played where they weren’t present in the game’s original design.

4 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/104345532318/videos/288769126381214 a look at the sprues for the Halflings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnzzkMczdfk apparently on youtube as well in better res :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks @Gerrcinn

The three sprues from the vid:

5 Likes