KoW Summer News Stream Preview

KoW news from the live stream

Salamanders already info dumped coming next month, here’s an army shot so you don’t forget them

Halflings!!

plastic kit can make 10 infantry and 5 cavalry, options for the infantry braves, spearmen, stalwarts, and ranged option for rifles

Everyone’s favourite tinkerer the halfling engineer a support for tinkerer Keyword units

Speaking of tinkerer units

and holy shitballs!

yes that is a regiment of forest trolls being used as a shooting platform by riflemen and if that wasn’t amazing enough I give you the

12 Likes

I hope those Forest Trolls get a release without the hobbit on their back. Look like an excellent sculpt of a Troll.

1 Like

Thanks for posting images @Gerrcinn

Cool looking minis and lawn mower is hilarious. I can almost hear halfling yelling “Get of my lawn, you dirty goblins!”.

2 Likes

what do people think the Winter Secret release is?

Mounted Sons of Korgan maybe, discuss.

1 Like

I see a scorpion tail and a feline outline, so I automatically jump to the conclusion of a Manticore/Chimera type beast. I’m still finding my feet with the lore and all the armies so does this tie in with anything we already have? Varangur maybe?

As for the Halflings? I like what I see. A moderate balance of tongue in cheek without being too farcical.

I’d love to see a Twilight Kin reboot ala the Armada stuff teased earlier in the year, but that’s simply biased wishful thinking.

2 Likes

That winter silhouette is most certainly a Manticore. At this rate Uncharted Empires will be full Mantic ranges, which is no bas thing.

2 Likes

the rider appears to have big spikes on their shoulders, so i’m guessing varangur for now.

curious how they are going to introduce the Halfling list product wise.

1 Like

they said a beta test list will be available to download and the final list will be in a later clash of kings

now I am not sure if I am going to buy a Salamander Army or Halfling army first

3 Likes

well you can buy the sallies now and then get the halflings in August :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love the troll gunners, the mage is nice. Less taken personally with the kite/jet pack ones.

Interesting to see the list & more info about the rules - plus whether anything changes with the LoR list.

Will do a halfling force, but a lot of the r&f will be Wargames Atlantic ones, although the dog cav is quite cute

1 Like

changes already made to LoR the halfling list is building a different way, new army special rule for example instead of stealth

2 Likes

I don’t think it is Varangur unless they rewrite entire list, but I am surprised to see a monster as regular cavalry.

1 Like

Glad to hear that, always found stealth an odd choice for Halflings. Yes they are short, but they aren’t ninjas. Always viewed halflings as militia type troops, poorly trained, but very willing to defend their homes. So will be interesting to see what they end up looking like.

1 Like

The Halflings look much better than I was expecting - mainly more variety and a focus on engineering. I hope this is matched with a uniqueness of play as well.

Beyond a few lines of fluff, any reference to food/cooking should be excised.

2 Likes

Yes, plenty of small creatures more nimble than a Halfling without stealth.

It’s a bit of a risk for the Halfling player as well, as against some opponents it will do nothing, and next to nothing against many more.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yes, very interesting, I saw the Halfling balloon corps in the picture and am hoping we get them as models

1 Like

We still might. Kyle said the most interesting pieces weren’t even shown as far as he was concerned

1 Like

I’ll be fielding the maximum number possible, no matter how good or bad they are in-game

3 Likes

I know what you mean, I don’t need anymore halflings, but that will not prevent me from buying all of the halflings.

2 Likes