K's Ogres

First three hordes for greenstuffing. After that it will be painting all three, then a character, then another three hordes, warriors, shooters, and braves. Followed by three more characters and a giant. Can I finish them this year?

No, but we’ll see.

14 Likes

is the character Nomnom? I see a PJ Warlock mini in the photo.

I’m loving the warriors with claymores there are you making Scottish ogre warriors?

Also, huzzah! and welcome to the best KoW army

1 Like

Shreddin’ Bheetee seems to be one of the characters.

2 Likes

So they are going to be Manx Gaelic ogres. I’m adding on kilts and bits to paint in Manx Tartan, and they’re going to be the Clan Manannan of Knock Froy.

I do have the Jesse Warlock of course, who will be in there, and a Matriarch as my warlord.

4 Likes

yup, going to be my Army Standard, because what’s more inspiring that a rocking solo?

My plan is to have an old bagpiper ‘standard bearer’, and his son who doesn’t like the bagpipes and plays guitar instead.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward seeing your Ogres! The theme sounds interesting and I bet conversions with your modelling skills will be brilliant.

1 Like

thank you very much

1 Like

Progress so far

11 Likes

nice use of an I-beam there, are you cutting the trefoil in or sculpting it on?

1 Like

I carved it with a scribing tool. Isn’t especially neat but eh, there’s literal blood gone in to it now so it will have to stay.

The hilt is actually a flat piece of plasticard with four lengths of curved plasticard glued on.

Next up is to extend the grip, and add a big kilt.

1 Like

He’s got a nice and bold look to him.

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

Last night’s progress

2 Likes

Considering making my boomers as skirmishers with swords and pistols.

5 Likes

it’s a good look, basket hilts on the swords or is that going too far?

1 Like

that’s kind of what I was thinking yeah

1 Like

Because I’m a logical and well organised person, here’s my siege breaker work in progress. Going to be two handed hammers and slightly more armour. The giant shields don’t fit the aesthetic, so emphasis more on the breaking…

4 Likes

5 Likes

Working on a bit of everything basically as inspiration takes me.

The list though at 2300 is:

Warlord
Warlock
Standard Bearer
Boomer Sergeant
Warrior Horde with 2HW
Warrior Horde with 2HW
Siegebreaker Horde
Berserker Horde
Shooter Horde
Shooter Horde
Boomer Horde
Giant

So that’s what I’m building. I’m not bothered about whether or not it’s compettitive or perfectly refined, it’s built to a theme, as well as what I have, and what I think looks cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Basket sword wip

10 Likes