Stonehorse gaming YouTube

Started a channel where I aim to document my projects.

First video was about my terrain that I have just finished.

New to YouTube, so all feedback is welcome!

7 Likes

Great terrain. Good point about the trees - those taller ones look more realistic.

About two years into wargaming, I got together a full set of terrain like this and it makes all the difference compared to playing with odd bits and bobs.

1 Like

What’s next up?

Height 0 pools/marsh are quick to do. I did mine murky, so no water effect required.

Thanks, glad you liked it. Height 0 terrain often gets over looked, good idea with the marsh/pools.

I have a few more terrain projects in mind. Got a few video ideas, talk about rule systems, talk about the social contract of gaming, basic tactics, painting videos, and hopefully some games being played, (may even do a solo game).

Unboxing the Army Painter Mega Paint Set.

1 Like

Monolith with Sacrificial Altar.

2 Likes

Unboxing the Kings of War Artefact and Spell cards.

3 Likes

Took a while to do this one. Got a demo game filmed and will upload next week.

1 Like

Latest video, enjoy!

1 Like

Unboxing the Abyssal Dwarf Army.

Absolutely love the plastic warriors, great amount of variety and plastic blunderbusses!

2 Likes

Hey I like your channel, your style, your vids. Subscribed. This army looks easy enough to assemble, but for me, my Nighstalker mega army box has been a bloody nightmare without some paper instructions. But i digress. Those mean dwarves are pretty rad, thanks for the up close look.

1 Like

Thanks! Very happy to hear you are enjoying my videos.

It is baffling why Mantic don’t put some form of assembly instructions on the box.

The quality that Mantic now make is up there I think, the aesthetics are not all over the place like some fantasy models. But the sculpt quality is just as good.

1 Like

It’s been a while, but I managed to get a video done

4 Likes

ooooh another video, @Stonehorse. and from the title, a very useful one. i was only checking out tactics videoes last week, but threat ranges weren’t covered, so i’ll look forward to watching this later today.

1 Like

Cheers @Nav while the game system is not KoW, unit threat ranges are applicable to both systems.

Once I’ve finished the Age of Fantasy: Regiments tactics video series, I’ll be doing one for KoW.

1 Like

i’ve yet to play Age of Fantasy, and took a quick peek so far… wow serious charge range and LoS!
I look forward to the KoW one, preferably before i face the wrath of your Mongolian horde :wink:

1 Like

It is as if WFB and KoW took the best bits and made a free game.

There are rules for multibased units, so you can use your stuff.

1 Like

Anyone after small fantasy models for KoW, check out Excellent Minis.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to check out Excellent minis – this was useful!

1 Like