League of Infamy KS

So mantic have (after some delays) got (most) of the league of Infamy board game kickstarter out.

The game itself has the players as evil characters doing all sorts of unpleasant things to elves, drakons & halflings - all while grinning inanely and spouting cliché comments (well, it looks that way, in any event) :wink:

In addition to various character figures and elf/halflings there were also models for the cavern dweller and the halfling iron beast (which had specific rules in v2 and are likely to return when a predominantly halfling army reappears at some point in the future).

The (larger) models come preassembled and are ‘board game’ quality, rather than mantic’s top end gaming stuff (dungeon saga rather than vanguard for example).

Some cleanup work required and will look at removing the crew/partial dismantling to aid painting.

7 Likes

Looks awesome, I almost backed this fantastic looking project but at the last minute decided to back out despite all the awesome models in it. I didn’t see myself getting use of the models I had picked out within the next year or so other than on the shelf with my projects ongoing so I reluctantly backed out. Its such a cool looking package, I can’t wait to see people getting these painted up and out on gaming tables everywhere. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I only picked up a few bits for similar reasons - most of the rest (even pre pandemic) wouldn’t see a lot of use.

For £12 the halfling engine is awesome. Having seen some of the other models, slightly regret not picking up a couple of the knuckers, less sure about the infantry as have yet to see people post ‘real’ pics

there’s a youtube unboxing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJF9aMBL8Nc&t=1067s&ab_channel=rpgamepire
which goes through pretty much all the contents and Michael has updated an unboxing on his blog https://blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/2021/03/in-league-of-they-own.html?fbclid=IwAR3JiL_0EYUwHlEBsZ0W5C9GjZdAne3S-A0lxaNfvH_ihn3I30NepRKAzls

If you’re looking to see the regular infantry models. I have to say I’m liking the look of them, just have to wait for them to arrive in sunny Ireland.

3 Likes

Ta - yeah, saw the blog post. From an army perspective, you either have a few characters or you get multiple sets of the adversaries.

1 Like