Leapy leapers and Leapy friends

I’ve just realised I’ve been steadily plugging away at my plague force for a while now and haven’t posted anything here.

It started as a 750pt force for a small tournament at the pit gaming shop in borehamwood, run by the Kings of Herts guys. They’ve run 2 events since, increasing the force sizes each time so it’s been nice and achievable.
The latest event was 1500pts.
I’ll dig out my pictures and add them here.

10 Likes

More photos dig up

6 Likes

The 3a general before and after being based with a zombie standard bearer to follow him around, and a unit of leapers

4 Likes

A leaper sentient ( I’m giving all my command models a snazzy hat to make them easy to pick out)
And a group shot if all the leapers finished up to that point

6 Likes

Love them! Give me a shout if you’re ever in Edinburgh and I’ll happily lose to these leapers!

2 Likes

Thanks very much! You never know, it’s a bit far currently. They’ve currently only won one game so I wouldn’t fear them too much!

A few more. My 1a with my other current commanders, a couple of bursters ( metal ones with 7 pins in each!) and a heavy weapon ghoul

4 Likes

I picked up a KR case for my ghouls yesterday so I could get them all from the various cardboard boxes that they had been living in. I got a group shot to see what I had and what was needed.

I’ve got 4 full squads with heavy weapons and dogs.

I’ve got soared heavy weapons, 4 ghoul generals & more leader models.

I need to give my King a leader green crystal and get around to painting the next 36 ghouls.

That’ll bring me up to 8 full squads

7 Likes

This was an event exclusive “ king of hearts” mini for the first firefight event that Mat green and Paul roberts ran at the pit gaming store in boreham wood.

I’d given him some spikes to “plagueify “ him but he didn’t have a green crystal to mark him as a squad leader.

Now he’s ready to lead a ghoul squad

4 Likes

The next three ghouls finished. 33 to go

5 Likes

Next one

6 Likes

Your style really works for Plague! One of the best Gayle Simmonds I have seen.

3 Likes

Thanks very much. They are fun to paint.

Yeah, I really like the muted but colorful style here.

1 Like

Thanks very much!

1 Like

Another couple finished. I’m down to thirty left to do

6 Likes

Your slightly ‘graphic novel’ painting style really works with these and collectively look great

3 Likes