Mantic-Fest Online news!

IMO the best choice for a new full human faction would be Ophidia. though i could see additional KoM theme lists for different successor kingdoms being added.

2 Likes

Yet to be sold on the concept of Ophidia, though Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a way to do them well. They seem stuck in the corner of the map and the Empire of Dust and Undead have things covered.

1 Like

I agree that they didnā€™t have much of an aesthetic to begin with, but what was already there definitely didnā€™t give off the impression of them being masterful craftsmen with elegant weapons and intricate armor. They seemed more primal as they had more rough equipment. Their shields looks big and bulky, like they were cut out of a rock rather than crafted. A lot of their weapons also looks more archaic, almost like stone weapons that were a bit battered. The exception was their scimitars which seems to have been made with care, with their unique shape and pattern. Except for maybe the ceremonial guard I really canā€™t see the similarities between the old and new weapons.

And as I said before, they donā€™t look like they were originally designed to wear armor. They have so much natural armor and artwork of them gave me the impression that they grew more spines and horns as they aged or depending on rank, as seen in in the clanlord/dungeon saga hero. Personally, I think that would have been better than armor.

1 Like