Mantic Points free miniatures

i live in Ireland and i used them, so i don’t see a problem, but you have to pay postage, and they won’t send out your order until the points arrive, so if you are ordering other models too then it’ll take longer to get them

1 Like

Worked just fine for me in Germany.

Made the order. Sent the points in an envelope by mail. Got the miniatures I wanted :slight_smile:

Granted, that was before Brexit … but it should still work just fine. You may or may not have to pay import taxes … not sure about that, but if there’s a specific miniature you really want it might be worth the try.

I still have Mantic points laying around as well … but will likely wait until I make another larger order at some point and include the free minis then, so can’t say for sure if it still works after Brexit sadly … but I don’t see why it shouldn’t. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Customs should be ok, with a nominal charge, just mark it as samples with little actual value, after all, they cost you nothing, so €1.00 value should be fine

That’s the point… :thinking:
But with the “no real value” mark it should be working. :thinking:

Nope, Mantic points are worthless here. The customs are ok, but UPS (Mantic ships only with UPS) charges an incredibly unnessecary, unwanted and unfair extra fee for ‘working out your custom fee’. It’s almost 20€. It makes no sense, since customs are done by the authorities but they still charge it. I phoned them, there is no way around it. Just be happy with everything you get from FantasyWelt with their standard 20% off.
Thanks Boris! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

@KptKeno that’s a shame, but not a surprise. Customs seems to be rather random and ad hoc. My children bought me the Clarion + Cavern Dweller recently, and my son organised it from Ireland buying from Mantic direct, and he said that the customs was nearly as much as the models themselves.

1 Like

Which coincidently is why i have so many points spare as i’ve been buying from Irish stores rather than directly from Mantic, so haven’t any orders to piggyback my freebies onto, to save postal costs.

Ordering from the UK into the EU is now a disaster. I got hit with a bill near 60% of the order value on my last Mantic order.

Only buy EU now. All UK major (think GW might now have set up an EU base) and minor UK gaming companies must be in deep trouble with this nonsense.

Just got my first Fantasywelt.de order in before Christmas. Other minis came from Avatars of War. Hopefully somebody will get an EU hub going for the miniature and game companies stranded in the UK.

3 Likes

I totallly agree @Niall78
I’ve been using Irish gaming companies wherever possible. I’m not sure, but odds on, if you are a gaming company they might not hit you as hard as an individual buying a few models. In some ways, i hope it is true, as i’d hate for small local gaming companies to be hit with the crazy taxes that can be charged.

Best shop ever :smiley: :heart_eyes:
I just tried to put a Mantic points miniature into the shopping cart and it calculated the shipping with around 8 Euros. :thinking:

1 Like

Price should be standard DHL shipping rates. Gives me 4.90 € for single items usually. Only gets more expensive if you need a larger package. And that should be the ~8 Euros. If it sounds weird just go ahead and mail them and ask. They were pretty good on customer support as I had to mail them once because i ordered the wrong item by accident :wink:

2 Likes

As I said, they use UPS to get their stuff inside the EU, because UPS charges the customer, not Mantic for the customs. So, shipping costs + customs + extra fee.

3 Likes

@KptKeno yeah, that is a pain, as you are left guessing what the fee is going to be before shopping.

2 Likes

Same for me, but in Canada.

1 Like