Mike's Elf Army Thread - now with new and improved monsters/titans & tournament pictures :-)

Mini Update:

Now that the varnish had time to dry on the new Treeherder, the army is officially at 2300 points fully painted. (and now without having to resort to old GW models or other placeholders.)

Minor nitpick: Still missing 2 Drakons for the Horde for full model count and would like another mage or two in the army as well, maybe even a 2nd Treeherder to have more list building options, … but working on that! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

they look great @Mikes

1 Like

Wonderful army, lovely classic fantasy look :100:

1 Like

Thanks @Nav and @Boss_Salvage ! :slight_smile:

Feels weird being so close to the finish line … and already knowing i’ll probably set another goal post and expand the army right afterwards :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You wouldn’t be here if that wasn’t the case Mikes! We are never finished.

Beautiful work. There is nothing like a formed up fully painted 28mm fantasy army.

2 Likes

it is a conundrum @Mikes. Add to the army you already have, until you have every possible choice to feild when the mood takes you, or start another project from scratch.

2 Likes

Well I’m certainly not done with the ELves yet @Nav. :grin:

The latest addition, the Mage Queen, joins the ranks and forms up with the other characters for a group shot:

Having another problem now … my display board is quickly running out of room :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

2nd Treeherder finished (for Monster March) and he fits in nicely! (or barely rather, on my display board)

Closer up:

15 Likes

Such fun mushrooms!

1 Like

2nd treeherder to get stomped by a Green lady horse :smiley:

2 Likes

:casts Scorched Earth on Bremer’s Cavalry Horde: :innocent: :shushing_face:

Well in that case my trusty allied KoM Bowmen just beat it to death :smiley:
Will you play in Hamburg?

2 Likes

Oh noooo, … not the dragonkilling Bowmen regiment horde of doom again! :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

And nope, won’t make Hamburg with our newborn son just 2 months old right now. Very busy at home, but definitely a good kind of busy! :slight_smile: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But tournaments will likely be more of a “maybe next year again” thingy for me.

Still … we’ll have our rematch eventually I’m sure of it @bremer1701 … and just maybe I’ll have painted half a dozen Gladestalker Regiments and 4 more Drakon hordes by then :rofl: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (likely not haha! :blush: )

Been a while since the last post, but as some may have seen in the ongoing painting thread(s) the army got some new additions since then. Here in all their glory together with the rest of the army: The complete Drakon Horde and Bolt Thrower:

Current full 2300 point army picture:

Gonna update the original post as well, been a while! :upside_down_face:

18 Likes

looking great when they are all together @Mikes . For some reason the Drakon horde reminds me of Stranger Things and the mouth of the monster

1 Like

Man, I love your army. So inspirational!

1 Like

The army continues to be particularly impressive all together, love these group shots. Did I ever comment on your black acrylic (?) display slab? I’ve done the same for a couple of my armies, the particularly bright ones now that I think about it. TOs have marked me down when using them as display bases but I think it looks nice and clean :triumph:

2 Likes

Thank you @Nav , @rotfoot_bile and @Boss_Salvage! Really appreciate the comments and makes me all the more motivated to finish that next mini :smiley: (And since the next Mini is that huge Mantic Treeherder that is going to take ages I certainly can use all the motivarion I can get! :rofl:)

And yep @Boss_Salvage , you did mention the black acrylic display slab before (it’s actually the base for a clear acrylic case that I use to keep the dust off, but take off for pictures.) and I quite agree, it looks great and I really like how it puts the focus on the minis themselves.

Didnt/Couldn’t take that thing to tournaments though as you can’t really pick it up, not with an army on it for sure. It bends horribly in the middle, … picking it up with the army would be absolute disaster … I just pray my little one never attempts anything like that while no one is looking :open_mouth: :astonished:

2 Likes

Figured it was time for an update, as I completed both a Treeherder and Kindred Dragon Lord since the last post:

Very happy how it all looks now assembled :grin: Also gonna update the original post with new full army pictures.

10 Likes

will you play in Hamburg on June 3rd?