Mongolian Kingdom of Men project

Currently working on the above, trying to get a sizable force up and running for 3rd edition.

So far I have painted:
4 Regiments of Mounted Sargents,
6 Troops of Mounted Scouts,
1 Regiment of Shield Wall,
1 Regiment of Heavy Pike.

Still to paint are the following:
1 Regiment of Mounted Sargents,
1 Horde of Archers,
1 Horde of Spear,
2 Mounted Wizards,
2 Mounted Standard Bearers,
1 Mounted General.

The full force comes to 2,500pts under the current rules.

I have a few plans to add some more ‘fantasy’ elements to the force, got a wonderful model to use as a Mongolian Death Worm (Colossal Giant), and eyeing up some Easterling Kataphracts as Knights. I imagine that this force will continue to grow in size over the years.

17 Likes

Looking great! You need to get some movement trays though. :joy:

Aye, I have a game on Saturday as well. I doubt an order would reach me in time, so having to make do with make shift cardboard movement trays for the time being.

1 Like

Looking good - Fireforge stuff?

Aye, they do make some lovely plastic kits.

Sorry for the late update. Life has been a bit busy just of late due to the arrival of my first born.

Anyway, I have managed to find some time to finish off some units.

7 Likes

Looks great!
Congratulations on your first!

1 Like

Cheers!

Managed to finish 2 more units tonight, at this rate I’ll have 1,000pts done by the end of the week.

3 Likes

Managed to get two more cavalry units finished tonight. Sadly this isn’t all the cavalry done… 4 more units to go.

Hopefully I’ll be able to finish off my Horde of Spear Phalanx tomorrow.

Update, here is what is painted as of the end of June.

8 Likes

And I’m looking forward to hearing about how it does on the eventual tabletop :wink: This is one of my favorite KOW armies, such a big beautiful horde of dudes and ponies :sob:

1 Like

Thanks, glad you appreciate the project. Hopefully I’ll get to see how they perform sometime in July. Will post a battle report with pictures.

I accidentally deleted the previous post when I was scrolling, as I am clumsy with technology :smile:

1 Like

Great looking army, I have had thoughts of doing this army but have a few others ahead of them on my wish list. I look forward to seeing these guys getting into action

1 Like

It is a really nice army to paint, Fireforge do wonderful Mongolian minis.

Just finished this lot, 12 light cavalry, and a Wizard on foot.

Next to paint is either going to be 20 heavy cavalry, or 10 war engines.

6 Likes

these are looking great- fantastic army!

1 Like

Cheers!

Assembled these 12 heavy cavalry, also painted these two mounted wizards.

3 Likes