Monster March - Painting Topic

“Mammoth” done.

16 Likes

War kitty! I love the total lack of expression on its face…

Great painting,too, the nose and mouth look very alive.

3 Likes

Plus it looks like it is just going to dismissively flick something away with a front paw!

Beautifully sculpted resin models are great, but repurposed cheap tat has a joy of its own!

3 Likes

Cracking war kitty. I wouldn’t want to be in the howdah though. You’d have no idea where it would go next, and it’s bound to try and lick its bum at the least appropriate time!

6 Likes

@HouseElf - its why it only hits on 4s, when you roll badly its either washing itself or distracted by a piece of string!

Now something slight more normal - High Chaplain Augustus

8 Likes

Monster March progress!
It’s coming along and might just get done this month due to sheer simplicity.

The brown on the spikes is a basecoat for yellowed bone (like on some of my other nightstalkers).
Then some blood effect on the model and that’s the end of the plan, but I’ll likely see someone to improve.

19 Likes

That’s gross - in a good way!

2 Likes

Such a happy spider family!

3 Likes

It’s sooo cute! :joy:

(P.S.: To cure one’s arachnophobia and find spiders cute suddenly, I recommend wholeheartedly Adrian Tchaikovksy’s novel “Children of Time” for SciFi inclined readers :wink: )

3 Likes

My monster march has been stalled here for a bit. But progress has been made!

15 Likes

I finally got around to make my first army ready for Kings of War.
To save time I used Geek Gaming Scenics Base Ready for the first time. I wouldn’t use it for a new army but for this rebasing it was a huge time saver (although my wife asked me why I bought rocks if I just can get them outside😅).

24 Likes

A very nice Army @Garuses , those bases and colour pallet really knit the units together well

1 Like

Dwarf Lord on large Beast (Scibor Miniatures)

12 Likes

That is a lot of metal.
Definitely De 6+.

3 Likes

Hello!

Here is the link to the most recent update of #MonsterMarch6 painting challenge! Check up the last week contributions and the progress the participants have made so far!

8 Likes

Kuzlo & Madfall via another bits-box rummage

14 Likes

So I’ve actually also signed up for another March painting comp so I need to get moving on this thing! Kept having issues with holding the howdah to paint it as it’s not really got an underside conducive to a temp painting handle. So finally got the body of the rhino to a decent enough state to glue the howdah on. Once the glue dries in 12+ hours hopefully it’ll hold on well enough to paint from there!

There’s a couple of small pins drilled in to help hold it, but they’re just shallow paper clip bits. The only real spots to drill were along the seams where I’d glued the two halves of the rhino and the two halves of the howdah. I was worried if I went too deep, or tried some bigger holes for brass rod, one or the other might crack open! :grimacing:

13 Likes

Some more shieldwall

10 Likes

Slightly more monstrous this time, an Examplar Redeemer on ‘winged unicorn’. I didn’t officially enter her for the competition, and I don’t have any WIP shots, but she exists nonetheless!

13 Likes

Love it.

Metal Bear Solid.

3 Likes