DarkBlack's Night-stalkers

A combination of having an urge to get my minis out even though games are still not an option and being glad that Steve Hildrew and Elliot Morrish found a use for pictures of my dwarfs led me to spend my Sunday morning hauling out my night-stalkers to take pictures.
Not as quite like taking them out for a game, but it’s something I suppose.

I used a list of night-stalkers that I actually own models for in Call to Arms long ago, which I wrote these battle reports for.

This is the shot of the lot before I added a planar apparition, found more suitable models for dread fiends and added some extra pumpkins (from Rapier Miniatures).

Speaking of the planar apparition, she’s from Privateer Press:

The dread fiends:

Giant scorpion from Reaper.

Bone naga from WizKids.

Now for the rest of the units:

Plus a fleshripper:

I don’t use induviduals very often with night-stalkers, but these are terrific minis:

I used most of my horrors as “command” in infantry units, but I kept one separate to be a hero.

Doppelgangers!
Made from kitbashing left over night-stalkers (the nigh-stalker army box comes with some extras and PMC FTW) and a few bits from my dwarfs

I started night-stalkers long before the giant kit came out, so I got this to be my shadow-hulk:

Finally, the few GW models that I kept when I stopped playing Warhammer:

My TERROR!
must be said in a loud and dramatic manner

My void lurker:
yes, that’s a 75mm abse with a 50mm slot, like for the shadow-hulk

Soulflayers:
Also from before Mantic made models

19 Likes

looking great

2 Likes

This army went to a GT a while ago!
I made a basic display board and repainted the soulflayers to match the scheme better.

16 Likes

These look awesome on the display board!
What did you use your Tzeentch Screamers as? (I’m in the process of making a Nighstalker army with my Tzeentch demon minis).

2 Likes

Looks great, love the purple tying everything (that isn’t a bone naga :sweat_smile:) together. Extra props for the Chroneas and Zaateroth :purple_heart:

@Findol I’m sure the Screamers are Soulflayers

2 Likes

The bone naga is a cool model, but it does (unfortunately) stand out from the theme; I have a spider to take its place.
I have a growing horde of unpainted undead for the bone naga to join, one day.

@Findol soul flayers is correct; they fit well as flying large cavalry.

2 Likes

Ah okay that makes sense thank you!

1 Like

awesome @DarkBlack

1 Like

Woo, creepy purple glow! Always an excellent choice.

2 Likes

I have painted up a new additon for Monster March .
To serve as a horde of fiends (probably with potion of the caterpillar)

12 Likes

The spider was not tall enough and didn’t fit on a 50mm square, so I ended up using a mage hunter ftom the MTG crossover Wizkids line.

Which fits quite nicely.

3 Likes

I then finished off the army* with a second mindscreetch and painted up a few individually bassed scarecrows.

Now there are two.

Finally, I have a few individually based models for those skirmish games and RPGs that I tell myself I will get to one day.

*I can field over 3000 points and the box I use for this army is full, which is the point at which I like to move on to other projects.
I have already been collecting undead and have ~3000 points of unpainted undead in my cupboard. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes