Monster March - Painting Topic

Got my Soul Reaver Cav built

11 Likes

Finishing up two troops of gargoyles, a bolt thrower, a snow troll horde, a troop of revenant cavalry, and snow troll prime. The Abyssal Dwarfs are complete! I’ll see if E wants me to add a dragon to his Undead, otherwise we’re close to complete there as well… Ready to play some more this weekend.

13 Likes

Been kitbashing Mantic’s old Paladin sculpts with the newer Vanguard stuff and some Fireforge heads and GW weapons.

16 Likes

Stuck home with Covid!
WIP Soul Reaver Cavalry and Ari’ana of the Sylvan Kin formation

12 Likes

@DreadNort nice work.

I’m in process of painting up some kitbashed old basilea m@a/fireforge/oathmark archers to use as count as sister scouts or the Outlaws formation for KoM

4 Likes

Been working on a Reaper Dwarf on flying owl/lion.

Lovely miniature to work with. Metal - as always - just feels nicer to paint and work with. I know others opinions will vary on that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve been waiting a few days to get good light for photos here in Ireland but I might be waiting until next March. So unfortunately the forum gets these from a dull grey morning instead.

Like my Dwarf mage on pony from December I’m not even sure what I can run him as in game. Ideas welcome.

Four Avatars of War command Dwarfs next on the painting table and another Reaper Dwarf bagpiper.

Keep the updates coming everyone. Always great to see what people are doing.

16 Likes

really nice model @Niall78 and i love the base work too

2 Likes

Nice work.

You can now ally flying stuff in from KoM (beast cavalry with the Fly upgrade) and pegasus hero/wizard or general on winged beast which I’ve seen used for various flying dwarf efforts

4 Likes

Another KoM Monarch build - Slayer or Vicious (Berserker) aura - can also run as a giant.

11 Likes

The Outlaws

11 Likes

+1. Lovely conversions on these models!

These old Basileans make great conversions. They are “heavy armoured infantry” which can be customised enough for many models. Mine became Soul Reaver infantry vampires!

3 Likes

Nice use of those dreadful men at arms models!

3 Likes

My first painting work as a dad, still work in progress :grin:

Gonna try to finish before they get home from the hospital tomorrow or it will likely be a while … :sweat_smile:

Strange feeling being home alone for a change … figured I might as well use the “calm before the storm” to do some painting. :wink:

14 Likes

WIP Mind screech for my Twilight Sylvan Kin

10 Likes

The first lot of panther riders

12 Likes

Two goreblights, another troop of abyssal halfbreeds, and an overmaster on ancient winged halfbreed.

12 Likes

Finished a troop of Sisterhood archers and sawed my Bulwarker horde in half without mishap for the formation…

18 Likes

Those Sisterhood archers look awesome @DreadNort

1 Like

To be honest, at this point compliments are just superfluous Dan!

As always they look gorgeous.

Glad to see someone else has a decent opinion on that formation.

The AD one looks good too, so I’m working on elements of both for my goody and baddy dwarfs.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

We are now into “the Fabulous February” and seeing some great posts already, I have no doubt we will see even more Fabulous models being painted this month!

Oh, and while it is just the beginning of February, you should also start thinking about your Monster March project. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

5 Likes