Monster March - Painting Topic

This is do good. I love your style. And those Dwarfs… Oh boy. Sooo good.

2 Likes

Another re-based unit:

Processing: IMG_20220131_211443.jpg…

14 Likes

Bisected my Bulwarker horde, did some titivation and added extra tufts and some Magnetic Mastiffs

21 Likes

Very brave of you sawing the hoard in half!

They look great.

Might I ask why you individually based rather than just glued them on? Aesthetically it look good, just wondering if you were going to use them in a different game or something.

1 Like

I painted them ages ago when I was just starting out in KoW and didn’t have the confidence to fully multibase but I still wanted to take advantage of MMC.

2 Likes

Half done the Sylvan kin formation now!
Forest Guard regiment done tonight.

17 Likes

Oh my. So amazing.

2 Likes

They look awesome

2 Likes

I actually really like it as a basing choice for dwarfs

It gives me a very strong ‘Roman maniple’ formation vibe which I find very appropriate for dwarfs

3 Likes

Thats good to know. I’m making an Ironclad horde without individual bases but I will try and space them similarly to get that effect.

3 Likes

My more “forest style” Vanguard Basileans. They are the hit squad sent out to deal with goblin incursions and other such trouble, protecting the outer towns and villages. So far there are only three, but I’m doing more!

17 Likes

very nice @screamingaddabs

2 Likes

Brothermark villein bowmen and count-as gur panther troops for Basilea

14 Likes

Work in progress Ironclad horde

12 Likes

Ohhh, Vanguard dwarfs, nice!

1 Like

It will be a sprinkling of Vanguard ones in amongst the old plastics

2 Likes

Oathsworn Guardians

11 Likes

And she’s done :slight_smile: Only painted the last parts while everyone else was sleeping, a bit here a bit there … so it took quite a while. :wink:

Overall I dare say the headswap is quite an improvement :wink:

It’s amazing how much it changes the overall look and feel of the model, especially considering how awful I found the original. That or a similar head should be included with the model by default and it would be a much more attractive purchase imho. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

can we have a close up please?

1 Like

There ya go @DreadNort :slight_smile: That’s way closer than you could get with the naked eye and still focus however. :wink:

Can also click on the other pics to zoom in, those are all full resolution pics.

14 Likes