Monster March - Painting Topic

lovely work as always, I’ve a plan to run 5 regiments of them for my own personal amusement

3 Likes

They’re monsters of glory! Or something like that.

1 Like

Nope they’re not monsters, you’re not fooling anyone you know the rules! shame! shame! shame! burn the heretic.

Seriously though that’s lovely paintwork it’s a great looking unit.

3 Likes

Are you perhaps saying that @DreadNort is a monster? I think that counts :wink:

5 Likes

…at the risk of spreading my updates across multiple platforms, Swordy, here’s my next stage of Reanimated Behemoth! Lots of pinning, superglue and bicarb soda later…

I’ll likely not use the two skeletons with bases. The ballista/scorpion thing I’ll make removable with an unglued pin so it can be the Drain Life upgrade token, to be put on or not if I’ve taken it. It’s a ranged attack, but I’ll paint the head of the bolt the glowy green I’ve been having fun with to show it’s M~a~G~i~C.

12 Likes

I painted an owl because of reasons…

Eyes are a little wonky but it’s all good!

22 Likes

Calling the Monarch/giant done - shieldwall up next

13 Likes

Progress for Monster March!
I’ve paint all the things that are… not the monster.
Base and little spiders done (though I may revisit something).

For reference, the big spider goes over top like this:

Edit: note that gloss goes onto the blood effects after sealing.

15 Likes

Really, an owl is already enough of a reason

5 Likes

This is triggering my arachnophobia, you’d win by forfeit if we ever had a game cos i’d be running away screaming like a girl if this was put on the table.

Looking good

4 Likes

Creepy nightmares are what I was going for!
Would like to actually play games though. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I left a couple of painted d&d spiders (the small ones use above) just in shot on a works Teams video call - they do look freaky!

3 Likes

I bet nothing got done in that meeting, everyone was too busy watching those spiders checking to make sure they were’t moving “please don’t be real, please don’t be real”.

2 Likes

Its a Teams meeting (so nothing would get done anyway) but i did move them a couple of times!

3 Likes

Brilliant i love it.

While working on my “monster march project”, I finished up a pair of ships for armada.

Here’s the Gur:

And next the Bomb Brig:

12 Likes

Next random bits box find will end up as a count-as mammoth

10 Likes

I’ve not posted for ages, but as it’s Monster March…
My wife saw one of these on the KOW Facebook site and said I need one of those, so she bought 3 of these things from Mierce and painted them up.
Now I just need to figure out what they are in KOW. All suggestions welcome!

24 Likes

Those look cool and got enough wood to count as Tree Herders I’d say! :thinking:

4 Likes

How did you do the ferns and other big leaf foliage?!