Moonfang Weapon Suggestions

I’m going to use Killyox (an old Confrontation miniature) as a Moonfang in the Herd list.

However, I’m not keen on the double punch-blade weapon. I’m thinking that a large axe would probably look good but am having trouble finding anything suitable.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m already using Varghar (another Rackham miniature) as a Lycan Alpha.

(not my miniature!)

2 Likes

and 12 of these as Lycans:

predators

You can swap the weapons which is handy but some need reposing as they can look a bit daft.

Maybe an axe from one of those Reaver chaps?

2 Likes

ever heard of Snaga from the David Gemmell books, a butterfly bladed axe? You could make one using the punch dagger as the blades you’ll just need a haft and some scratch building to connect the blighters

1 Like

I think even these might be a little too small, plus I’d want to take off the Khorne symbols. I think they’d work if I wanted two hand weapons.

Hadn’t thought of that! I think that could look good if the wider ends of the blades near the handle flipped to being at the top of the axe. Stuff like this is always really fiddly though.

1 Like

Spotted this guy, who’s basically a better version of Killyox but don’t think it’s significant enough to warrant the expense.

Asgarh

He has a cool axe and a punch blade. Not so keen on his standard/totem though.

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to go with this guy’s axe (it wasn’t a silly price on ebay):

Once it arrives, I’ll post up another pic. Might shave off the Khorne icons and the teeth/spikes on the axe blades.

ever heard of Snaga from the David Gemmell books, a butterfly bladed axe? You could make one using the punch dagger as the blades you’ll just need a haft and some scratch building to connect the blighters

I couldn’t quite face tinkering around with this!

Basically this but bigger.

Knowing GW those axes are probably kinda huge? Have you seen one in the flesh, so to speak?

No - it’s a bit of a gamble. I didn’t want Killyox’s axe to be smaller than Varghar’s though. I think it should be alright…

Resuming work on this project. Turns out the jugger warrior axe was a little small; I’m still looking for a decent looking weapon option.

let me hoak around and see what I have

1 Like

GW plastic Minotaur axes are pretty sweet. Although I don’t know how easy is to get one.

1 Like

@Gerrcinn Cheers for taking a look!

That’s a good suggestion. I have some but they’re painted and on minotaurs.

1 Like

right I’ve found a couple of weapons about the right size Mantic Ogre two handed axe and a demi lune from a Wrath of Kings Goritsi if you want them

@Gerrcinn Thank you for taking the time to look!

Is this the demi lune? Not too familiar with the Wrath minis.

The ogre axe looks the right size but perhaps not elegant enough, so maybe not quiet what I was picturing.