NA 2k Points

HI All

I’m new to KOW and have decided on NA as my first army. Below is my " Beastie List "

Comments Welcome :slight_smile:

Unit Strength: 19

220, Snow Troll Horde

220, Snow Troll Horde

220, Snow Troll Horde

280, Frostfang Cavalry Horde

Helm of Confidence

310, Frostfang Cavalry Horde

Brew of Sharpness

80, Snow Fox Regiment

80, Snow Fox Regiment

330, Lord on Chimera

– Mead of Madness

145, Snow Troll Prime

Lute of Insatiable Darkness

115, Ice-Queen

Heal (5)

2 Likes

Looks powerful. Do you really need brew of sharpness and bane chant though? Your list has a lot of crushing strength already so it might be overkill. Maybe buy a cheap extra inspiring source for those points instead? In case you want to run your lord on chimera out and about, your lines would be a bit lacking of inspiring otherwise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed on the inspo. Simple version would be to talisman up the Ice Queen … but what about dumping all those items for this:

Army: Northern Alliance
Unit Strength: 19

265, Frostfang Cavalry Horde
220, Snow Troll Horde
220, Snow Troll Horde
220, Snow Troll Horde
80, Snow Fox Regiment
80, Snow Fox Regiment
320, Lord on Chimera
120, Snow Troll Prime
115, Ice-Queen
– Heal (5)
95, Clarion [1]

I don’t really know who Clarion is, but it’s the only cav hero you can take, with a second sweet very inspiring, three serious throwing axes and dread on top of that.

Alternatively, the Ice Queen seems a smidge out of place, being slow and without Frostbound buddies, so here’s a thought:

Army: Northern Alliance
Unit Strength: 21

220, Snow Troll Horde
220, Snow Troll Horde
220, Snow Troll Horde
80, Snow Fox Regiment
80, Snow Fox Regiment
80, Snow Fox Regiment
325, Lord on Chimera
– Staying Stone
125, Thegn on Frostfang
120, Snow Troll Prime

The Frosthegn is a very, very good unit, plus you’ve got a third little fox pack to get run over / sit on objectives and make fox sounds. No healing beyond the mass of regenerating trolls but the things that don’t heal do a lot of murder when they hit.

Whatever you go with, that’s a hella smashy list :smiley:

1 Like

I know the Ice Queen doesn’t really fit with the furry beast theme. She was there to heal the Snow Trolls to make it very hard to get rid of them. Bane Chant was in there to make sure that what hits I do make effective. I suppose I could swap it for the Inspiring Talisman on the Queen. Also one of the Frostfangs has Helm of Confidence to allow it a bit mobility away from the battle line.

Very Smashy! Powerful list. I play NA and find that they hit like a truck but have weak nerve. In my mind, the inspiring leaders are essential if it comes to a grind. Also, snow trolls waver easily with that 15/18. I like the clarion but you maybe don’t need him. Snow toll prime is ace with nimble. He has been my game winning unit (getting flanks) in 2 of 3 games. Impressive force you got there.

the queen is too useful to leave out i think, but you can make her fit if you source a miniature that fits the animal theme… there are several manufacturers that make anthromorphic animal fantasy figures, which would make the Ice Queen fit visually with the animal themeing of the list. which could be something you could apply to the others, if you are willing to kitbash and proxy some.