Nav's Tuatha De Danann Mythological War Host: The Herd

The hill fort diarama of my combined Herd army is coming together nicely! i’m still painting the last 30 models for a couple of units of Spearmen and Spirit walkers, and have a final box of Dark Age Irish on order plus more cattle, but so far its close to 3500 points of painted army

3 Likes

7 Likes

A horde of Tribal Spears, still needing a few more warriors to complete!

9 Likes

This project looks better and better. Well done!

Wish you are closer, Nav. I have Norse Varangur who would love to meet Tuatha De Danann on battlefield :grin:

1 Like

That would have been a cool battle. Stonehouse lives nearby so I’m sure that they will face his Mongolians at some point, and another local player has Norse too

1 Like

3500 points ready for battle against my Goblins

12 Likes

Wow! Loving these!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
All the details!!

1 Like

Many thanks @Palindra

1 Like

8 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

I use some of those models to the right in my Basilea Army.

9 Likes

The Celtic army models.

1 Like

Hordes o’ shirtless dudes

2 Likes

yeah, @wilberforce my Celts consist of Atlantic Wargames Dark Age Irish, (an excellent sourse of slingers and warhounds plus cloaks for use to make them bulkier if you need heavy infantry. Also sweet brass shields with celtic designs and also round shields suitable for vikings too ) also Victrix and Hail Caesar bare chested Gauls and Celts, and Boudica chariots , in which you get 3 chariots, and 20 figures which can be 3 chieftains, 6 driver’ and 3 mail druid options, including 3 boudicas and plenty of bearded and 3 druids too, along with diverse heads etc. (but sadly the Victrix chariot and shield decals come seperately. The Hail Caesar ones have decals included though, but can be shy on bases) I also bought enough fullly nekkid Gaul fanatics to make another horde too.

4 Likes

I’ve almost finished off another batch of Celts. (I’m down to my last 20 unpainted celts now, soim focusing on tidying up the units i have changing weapons/ Shields etc. to make them match up as units.) This time, it’s the heavy armoured ones. I really messed these miniatures up when i was first working on them, due to the numbers I had at that time. Each sprue having only 2 of these on it. However, as ive gone along, all told i now have about 36 of them, so enough to make a horde.
I contemplated putting them on a 25mm each base, which would be 250mm x 100mm base for Kings of War Heavy Infantry but if i did that, I’d exclude them for other game rules. Therefore ill make a larger base to sit this obe on (similar to the ones ive done before for adaption of hordes to legions). At some point I plan on getting more Victrix Chariots and so I will get a few more to add to the bigger base for heavy infantry horde base in KoW.

They do still need a light wash and final touch ups.

8 Likes

My ‘Britons’ Celts are almost ready. I just need to add colour and checked tartans and lines in some of their clothing… Lots of Warbands/hordes of naked or semi naked fanatics, some regiment sized units for flexibility and some small units of skirmishers with javelins or slings, warhound handlers, chariots, Druids, Chieftain on horse, and even a villager herding cattle with her dog: All ready for battle this weekend.

The javalin throwers would need a communal unit base or two, as would the warhounds , in order to be ready for KoW, but that would only take a moment or two.

8 Likes

I badly feel the need for more chariots, and maybe some light cavalry too, but i’ve just bought more Romans instead, as they needed archers, (and maybe a couple of elephants and a couple more scorpions or an onager too ).
I’ll have to start dropping hints to family for birthday and xmas prezzies in December :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Final touches on my Celtic Cavalry using the Victrix Gallic Cavalry miniatures. I wanted them to be a good vibrant mix of colours

4 Likes

5 Likes