Nav's Tuatha De Danann Mythological War Host: The Herd

And another druid to add to my collection

5 Likes

Just in case i didnt have enough druids, i finished off the three Radagast miniature options. Ill need better light ti get decent pictures but apart from the GW resin models issue, they are great models

6 Likes

That’s some darn quick work Nav! That Radaghast model is very dynamic. It must have been lots of fun to work on.
You can never have enough druids!

1 Like

Thanks Findol, They were indeed a lot of fun to paint. Now granted, the eagle was painted a while ago so that helped.( I’ve only noticed this morning that it is missing a foot. )
In some ways, it was a bit odd, in that i painted the base first, then the sleigh and rabbits before tackling the Radagast miniatures. I wanted to be sure of the overall colour scheme, that it wasn’t too dark or too brown.
My paint colour selection was inspired by the Deathwatch Studios version which is somewhat more colourful than most, but still has that Autumnal feel to it. I could do with some of those dead leaves or a few mushrooms to complete the base, which i will do today .

1 Like

Apart from altering the tiny birds on his hat, Radagast the Brown is done.

3 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

fantastic looking stuff there Nav. Great additions to the army there

1 Like

Many thanks Gerrcin, I’m very happy with the way they turned out. The version that is flying the eagle looks like they had both been painted together, but in reality it’s probably a year apart.

1 Like

I loved that set when it came out, and you’ve done a cracking job on them.

I would have to turn the chariot into something game-usable though for me to buy it.

1 Like

Thanks @Sceleris , i know what you mean, which is why it has taken so long to purchase , or in my case have purchased for me.
I had been thinking of Northern Alliance as a suitable army to use him, on the sleigh, possibly as Lord on Frostfang or Chimera, but the other possible would be within my Herd army . As yet, it is undecided.

1 Like

With my original Herd army, and the additional Britons, Gallic Cavalry and double the amount of chariots.
On numbers alone, they combined Celtic force is certainly impressive, but as Boudicca learned, bravery and numbers isn’t enough to defeat the Roman Invaders.

8 Likes

The wash is still drying so a final touche up still needed, but the last of my current batch of Celtic Druid and elite warriors nearly ready to go.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I wanted to repaint one of my “Boudicca” miniatures initially to upgrade it to a High Druid or Chieftain. So, to some degree influenced by 'The Vikings ’ and female gothic rock bands, I went to the dark side

6 Likes

Definitely feel the “Vikings” theme there Nav. The dark shaman aesthetic fits nicely here.

1 Like

Thanks Findol, i’d agree. Alternatively, she might fit nicely as a spellcaster in a Varangur style army, as would the fast cavalry i am currently working on from my Dothraki Screamers. As also would the Richard the Lionheart miniature.

Fast Cavalry option .

The Dothraki Screamers originally came with a curved sword option for all. I removed most of these, replaced with curved bows and quivers, and added a banner bearer, and musician too

4 Likes