Need help on terrain for bases (closed. Thanks everyone for your help 😁)

So, I wanted to theme my Nightstalkers after Gothic London with cobblestone streets and such. I’ve had good success with the stone work, and even added miniature lampposts for extra detail, but one bit eludes me… iron fencing. I’m not sure how to go about it, and all the diy tutorials I found only talk about wooden fences. I’m hesitant to order online, as I’m looking for a specific size. Thoughts?

1 Like

Squared toothpicks, as opposed to round. They might work but not sure if their thickness will be a good scale.

3 Likes

There are some iron fences in the mantic graveyard TerrainCrate set. This the sort of stuff you are looking for?

Also check out 00 gauge model railway scenery ((1/76 scale approx)

3 Likes

Either toothpicks or buy a kit, I’m afraid.
Graveyard terrain sets often have fences that should look the part.

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses! I’ll look into your suggestions

1 Like

That looks pretty good :+1: I somehow missed that Mantic had terrain of their own

3 Likes

how much time do you have to do scratch building?

1 Like

I only have a part time job, so lots of time (but not much spending cash). I’m working on a fence design made out of matchsticks right now, and it seems to be going well. What was your suggestion, though?

there are two, you can use jumbo paper clips to make hooped railing like this

or if you get black plastic mesh for needlework you can cut out sections to make fencing more like these

I’ve ordered some and it will be here on Sunday so I can do a quick example to show how it works

1 Like

Sounds good, hadn’t considered those :+1:

1 Like

After getting some ideas from here, I ended up going with this design (made from matchsticks)

6 Likes

Thst looks pretty good!

1 Like

Thanks :+1: might try for something fancier in the future, but I think I got a good rough built look

1 Like

Reaper has a bunch of graveyard bits in Bones, including a slew of iron spike fences.
https://www.reapermini.com/search/graveyard

2 Likes

Better try something 'fencier!:wink: Sorry, had to do it.

PS: Seriously, sorry.

2 Likes