New Twilight Kin 2300 pts army V3

Hello there,

I wanted to discuss with you about my first V3 TK list. Format is 2300 pts which is the new french format with V3.

My list is :

Kindred Tallspears Horde Hammer of Measured Force
Kindred Tallspears Horde Brew of Strength
Cronebound gargoyles
Cronebound gargoyles
Soulbane Mace of crushing

Cronebound Butchers Horde
Cronebound Shadow-hulk
Summoner Crone Banechant Scepter of Shadows[1]

Cronebound Abyssal Horsemen Regiment Sir Jesse’s Boots of Striding
Cronebound Shadowhounds Regiment Maccwar’s Potion of the Caterpillar
Mikayel

The idea is to work with 3 blocks.

Spear block to keep the middle of the map. I think the new phalanx rule is really good and they can unlock. Hammer and BoS as objects. They are supported by gargoyles to prevent double charge order on them or to find a flank. The soulbane is here for some punch, Moral and Dread. Can’t find any points for a horse. Not sure if he needs it ?

The second block is the punchy one with Butchers and Hulk supported by a Summoner. Banechant just in case but i really want to test drain life (9). This block is really hard to kill and should do some damages.

The last block is for a flank. 2 cavalry (with the good objects) and Mikayel. They are not affraid of shooting and regen means they can support some damages. Mikayel looks good on paper with CS2, 6 attacks, elite and his magic blade. Titan & Monster should be popular in this edition ?

What do you think ? Any comments ?

thank you for reading !

Thori

1 Like

Following some advice i will not play Mikayel. Too many points I think.

My new list will be this one:

Kindred Tallspears Horde Fire-Oil
Kindred Tallspears Horde Brew of Strength
Cronebound gargoyles
Soulbane Mace of crushing

Cronebound Shadow-hulk
Summoner Crone Banechant Scepter of Shadows[1]

Cronebound Abyssal Horsemen Regiment Sir Jesse’s Boots of Striding
Cronebound Shadowhounds Regiment Maccwar’s Potion of the Caterpillar
Soulbane Horse Blade of the Beast Slayer

I lost a gargoyles unit (chaff) but get a new Butcher Horde. A soulbane with the beastslayer blade is replacing Mikayel and should be enough.

So 12 Unit and 25 US.

Do you think this version is better ?

Considering Inspiring sources I think the Soulbane on foot will follow the Spearmen in the middle of the field. Protecting their flank we would have the two butchers horde and the shadow hulk (in the middle) with the summoner behind. The last butcher horde will be on the other side of the Spears.

On the left or right, where needed, we will have the cavalry (and the soulbane).