Northern Alliance (friendly Varangur!)

Right, having painted an abyssals army in about 3 months (not used any of it yet on the table!) now looking at doing some northern alliance stuff.

A lot of my Varangur was barbarian themed, as was some of the Kingdoms of Men stuff I had, so hopefully have a decent chunk of stuff that can be used.

Getting the starter set so will have 40 clansmen and some trolls, picked a vanguard starter as a Clash freebie (and a giant!) plus some leftovers of another will give some mantic involvement.

Frostgrave (oh, name might give idea :wink: ), Fireforge and shieldwolf are looking like being involved, as are nolzurs d&d stuff (giant & bolt throwers).

5 Likes

Bit of a clearer comparison/WiP shot of the shield maiden/ mantic kit bashes

1 Like

WiP on the frost giant and I found an air/water elemental horde that I’ve now iced up!

3 Likes

First lot of firepower - pair of bolt throwers (nolzurs d&d with Frostgrave crew)

2 Likes

Giant finished

Second one will the freebie mantic giant from Clash (thanks guys :wink: )

1 Like

Chimera and latest group shot.

5 Likes

Planned colour scheme for the ice trolls

Screenshot_20191102-222928~2

3 Likes

Cool giant! I like the red-furred troll idea.

Cheers - test model’s looking OK so far

2 Likes

Berserker troop finished

1 Like

Got round to painting the dwarfs - only to subsequently see the very nice ones from the preview pics. Oh well, suppose I’ll get a unit of those later anyway!

Next lot of bits.

Ice kin hunters.

Wolves

Latest group shot

Some actual mantic clansmen, some snow trolls, a 2nd giant and a few heroes to go before calling it done (unless I find other stuff that fits!).

1 Like

Some (typically ropey!) photos of some of the various heroes I’ve put together so far.

2 Likes

Lord (lady) on frostfang and a snow troll prime done.

1 Like

Kitbashed some clansmen hunters with bows (using Frostgrave warrior and barbarian bows).

2 Likes

Clan hunters finished.

2 Likes

Snow Troll horde done. Just some clansmen to go before I call this done for the time being.

4 Likes

1 Like