Dozens December! - painting topic

I did some Halloween Hobby on Halloween, bone naga from Nolzur’s to be a dread-fiend.

10 Likes

Nice - nolzurs have some really nice models. I’ve got a decent number and the monsters especially are excellent value.

FYI - the bigger base on the treeman is fine (its covered by the exceptional base size rule)

1 Like

Love how @Swordmaster keeps updating the thread! November now!

… followed by “Dang December (already!!?)” :laughing: Nah let’s better think of something better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Mikes! I am sure I am going to come up with something. In the meantime, trying to find time for battle reports, painting and a game or two :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great to hear that @Swordmaster, especially battle reports! Have to say, reading your battle reports was one of the few hobby joys during the lockdown earlier this year! :laughing:

1 Like

Waiting on my second batch of goblins to arrive so that i can make another horde of Sharpsticks. While I am waiting, I thought I would do some work on the base:- a cross section of deep forest, for this unit to merge well with my overall foresty goblin themed army.
The Goblins should fit nicely under the trunks so I don’t have to make the trunks too high to get the effect …I ended up added a few small trees to the stumps to give that shadowy foliage effect… i just need to add some mushrooms, maybe a stream… and the goblins of course

![wd2|690x368]

and some shrooms in the undergrowth… and giant weasels too

8 Likes

Painted up a Warmachine mini to be planar apparition or mind screetch.

16 Likes

First batch of objectives done.

10 Likes

Some tiny boats and some sea monsters in advance of Armada.

3 Likes

Hunters of the Wild regiment #1 finished. Feels good to finish this batch and get them on the table since they’ve sat on a shelf or in a box for at least a decade.

11 Likes

I love those glowing runes!

Thanks! It was my first attempt at some OSL so I watched a few tutorials and I’m pretty happy with how the red makes the Dryads seem a little darker and more vengeful.

Finished the second part of my Earth Elemental Horde and their big brother (Reaper).

10 Likes

Troll Prime for my dark age Varangur

9 Likes

The 18 magical artifact tokens for Kings of War now completed
Here are some of my favorites to whet the appetite

8 Likes

Went back to my Elves and Stormwind Cavalry now, slow going, but I like how they turn out :slight_smile:

8 more to go! :laughing:

10 Likes

Got round to painting the crew of an allied orc/ogre chariot legion for my Arab/eastern style KoM/Rhordia army.

8 Likes

Great idea to use the LotR model for a chariot legion!

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much nothing else has a big enough base! The GW massive spider effort often gets used similarly in orc/goblin armies

1 Like

That cloth is gorgeous!

1 Like