Painting topic - already August

I finished my 2nd regiment of fleabags. Together with the king, the formation is now complete!

Here’s the two regiments together, they can be joined as a horde:

Other than this, I did a few single model projects, one of which is a test-model for my Bluegres ambush army:

It’s a nice model, but I’m not 100% sold on the colour. I will reprint the model probably and try again with a more purplish setup.

As usual, these and other pictures can be found on my blog.

11 Likes

I’m loving the pallet choice on those fleabag riders, way cool, and the bluegres guy is even cooler

1 Like

Next lot of tormentor/gargoyle conversions done

7 Likes

The first 20 of my Bondi Crew for my Viking Bondi Horde

7 Likes

there’s a quare swell on the sea boys, hold on tight!

1 Like

hehehe, I was re-watching Vikings : Valhalla Season:1 Ep:1 the other day, and it starts with a longship riding a similar stormy sea on their journey to Kattegat.

I’ve also been doing a bit more work on my Viking Lord giving him an outer base as a 25mmx25mm base of Heavy Infantry doesn’t give a lot of scope to play with. (let alone a 20mm x 20mm.)
The circular 25mm base is still visible for measuring distance with, but the 40mm outer base gives him more chance of standing out.
In Hail Ceasar terms a general can be any size, so that’s great for putting in extra effort on the HQs but as i said, if need be, I can put a 20mm x20 mm proxy for when in combat on KoW.

8 Likes

Blacksoul regiment finished

11 Likes

More blacksouls

8 Likes

My current project: Very much still a work in progress, but my Viking Ulfhedhar berserkers are coming along nicely.

8 Likes

More good looking infantry @Sceleris! Army is really coming together.

2 Likes

I’ve am currently on holiday and foolishly didn’t pack any paints. Anyway, here’s what I got up to before I left.

The bone amour is going to be tricky. I want to distinguish it from the “natural” bone. I’m currently going for a darker look.

Holiday has been fun though!

12 Likes

That’s looking sweet @MechaSturgeon , the blue really pops .

2 Likes

First of the Damned of Yaygar formation Immortals

7 Likes

They’re coming along nicely @Sceleris , although i’m not a big fan of the Mantic dwarfs, (Badger riders and streakers excluded) . The saucepan pot helmets make me cringe , and thankfully, yours dont have much of those.

1 Like

Thanks! I like It too. Small pieces like this are best to do something extra.

2 Likes

I read some tips on the Mantic homepage on miniature photography and got myself a grey background. So here is my recently finished Ghoul horde:

13 Likes

Just have to do the base now!

10 Likes

Looks fantastic!
Do you dry brush any of that or is it all hand-highlighted?
The colour scheme is really clean and pops well.

1 Like

Looks excellent! I’m taking notes for the Undead display board that I’ve got in progress. Where did you get the mausoleum from?

1 Like

Thanks! @Findol The mausoleum is actually from Mantic’s Terrain Crate Kickstarter. I think it’s in the Gothic Manor or Graveyard crate now.

2 Likes