Painting topic - already August

Hi @Findol

Thanks!

It’s all line highlighted with some glazing.

1 Like

Last of the Abyssal Dwarf infantry - will switch to a smallish NS army and get back to doing lots of militia

11 Likes

As with my own Viking force, I’m finding the individual units blurring into one. It’s only when i saw them altogether that the units really start to show themselves. I’m not sure why, and perhaps it’s that the Choas Dwarf miniatures aren’t my cup of tea, which i could say for most Mantic Dwarfs, ?( except some of the Free Dwarf units.) That’s always a challenge when painting a troop heavy army, i guess: the challenge to keep motivated while knocking out model after model of basically. Even doing a standardbearer or Musician becomes a treat. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Congrats on reaching the end of the (AD) foot troops!

4 Likes

Army done for tomorrow along with a simple display board

10 Likes

Silverbreeze regiment #2

7 Likes

Completed the Revenant Regiment, classic single bases on movement tray, bringing the army of Undead up to 1200 points. Working on a Horde of Werewolves next to reach 1500 :slight_smile:

Those were really quick to paint (for my standards anyways) and the Werewolves go even faster :grin:

P.S. Eventually I’ll probably start multibasing units as well, but for now, while I haven’t played that much yet (and the Undead army not at all yet!), I rather keep everything as flexible as possible. The Revenants will likely become a Horde someday … but who knows, maybe I want them back as Regiments after trying them out on the table a few times.

11 Likes

@Mikes I love the Shield effect and the stark comparison it gives between front view and back.

1 Like

Thanks @Nav! I got 2 Skellie Regiments in the same style already and really like how they look as an army together. After the Werewolf Horde I ll likely either go Wights or double down on Infantry with Soul Reavers. Not sure yet, but with Soul Reavers I d go past 100 Infantry models in this army which would sure look cool on the table! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nice @Mikes

Also went the red/blue scheme. Swapped the shields out for round ones and distressed them a bit

9 Likes

Doppelgangers finished. Still planning the basing, which are probably do all at once when i get an idea of how many specific units i need to do.

8 Likes

WIP 2 bases (for either Hail Caesar or Kings of War Regiment ) for my latest batch of 20 Viking Hirdmen, (also work in progress)

7 Likes

Some Werewolves in various states of completion. Horde is getting there finally :grin:

Might not make it before holiday next week, but if not, then soon afterwards :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Built some fiends for my NS

9 Likes

Finished Silverbreeze regiment #2.

9 Likes

looking good Findol

1 Like

Thanks Nav!
Getting to start on my dragon was a good motivator to get these guys finished.

4 Likes

Am I seeing that right? Good ol’ Woodelf Forest Dragon? / cheers :smiley:

3 Likes

You are correct! A friend of mine had one lying around in a bag from a discount bin (believe it or not!) and we got talking about dream minis from the past. I brought up the old forest dragon and he goes “oh I’ve got one of those!” and here we are.
My goal is to convert it to look more like the Sisters of Twilight dragon complete with vines and forest sprites.

5 Likes

cool find, @Findol and well spotted @Mikes . For a moment i thought you’d found an olde worlde Orc Wyvern

2 Likes