Painting Topic - Deluxe December

Next lot of shadowhounds done.

11 Likes

11 Likes

Soul Reavers done! … I think a couple of months ago (September?) I said something along the lines of “hey those go really fast!!! :grin:” after painting the first 2-3 models …

Should have kept my mouth shut! :laughing: … but they’re done now and I like how they turned out :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Are these the orginal models? Must have cost you an arm and leg! (or are they on the vault these days?)

Anyhows, love the result!

Vince

3 Likes

Thanks Vince! And yep those are the original models (2 Troops of 10 metal minis each + the Command upgrade set.) Had them laying around for ages and just now got around to putting some paint on them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stealing the idea from @Mikes, I made a first fitting for my Vampire lord on Undead Dragon. It needs a bit more filing, but actually works quite well. Thanks for the idea!

Mikes RevKing on Undead Flying Wyrm:

8 Likes

Well, it is a wyrm/wyvern not a dragon! :wink:

Amazon had one cheap so I’m doing a goredrake conversion on a budget with random stuff.

2 Likes

That rider fits great @KptKeno ! Nice to see another conversion with that model. Mine s still on the shelf (:hangs head in shame: … :pensive:) until I finish the first 2000pts of my Undead army.

So, really looking forward to seeing how yours turns out! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks @Mikes ! Don’t expect me to finish the dragon any time soon😆

@Sceleris I’m no biologist, so not too sure about the dragon/wyvern thing. Guess it doesn’t matter which one crushes your army😉

3 Likes

My son has now finished his corsair void walkers as well…

Sorry for the poor photo framing!

16 Likes

Meanwhile, i have completed some ogres…

16 Likes

I got this as a birthday gift last week but only got around to painting it yesterday.

13 Likes

Ha! If I ever paint as quick as you do! Nice job btw.

1 Like

Very impressive! They have a very distinct style! I like them a lot!

2 Likes

Many thanks @KptKeno There ae times when i’ve taken much longer than necessary to complete a model, just one more wash, …and then, hmmm that’s darkened all that highlighting out… My brain is going “Don’t you even think about picking up that weathering brush Dude!” but i’ve never been good about taking directions, even from myself.

1 Like

Thanks, he has become very good very quickly. To be fair he already draws better than me so it should come as no surprise that he is quickly out painting me too!

2 Likes

Skiff regiment done.

14 Likes

It looks like i’m not the only one liking the look of the Twilight Kin. Some nice work there.

2 Likes

Cheers @Nav

I’m not (planning on!) doing a huge amount of TK/NS - just enough to get a workable 2300pt army for each

2 Likes

Troop of Wraiths and a Liche King in various stages of progress. Those are the last models I need to paint up to reach 2000pts for my Undead army (yay :wink: )

… so there goes last years “new year resolution” for getting my Undead table ready in 2023 (doh! :roll_eyes:)… or does “close” count not just with horseshoes, but also “almost finished armies”? :laughing:

In any case, wishing ya all a happy new year 2024, hopefully with lots of hobby fun! :partying_face: :sparkler: :fireworks:

12 Likes