Palindra's Painting Party

Put out my GW Ogres today - this is the Status Quo before the new basing… very excited!!
I was wondering if I could use the big one as a chariot regiment? It’s already the right size and I quite like the basing on this one, I only finished it recently (for Saga) - the rest was finished right after AoS came out (therefore the round bases, but I stopped playing after a few games).
What about the warmachine? There isn’t any in the Ogres list?

14 Likes

Really nice! Can’t wait to see them on multibases.

2 Likes

The rebase is going to be exciting!

As for the big things, I’d say Ironblaster into a Boomer Chariot troop and Stonehorn into a Warrior Chariot regiment :+1:

2 Likes

Made all the new bases today - now they have to dry.

There is really a difference in painting levels between the Stonehorn and the rest *sigh - but I am absolutly not in the mood to repaint the lot! :smiley:

1 Like

First unit done… The man boobs might need some coverage :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Really nice! Welcome ti the wondrous world of multibasing!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s fun! I went for something between massive scenery with “moving” :smiley: ruins and simple basing. :thinking:

1 Like

Turned the GW Ironblaster into a Goblin Slasher on 75mm, allthough I really like the Mantic model *sigh - but this was the most obvious solution (in my opinion)

5 Likes

I can dig it! Still think Boomer Chariot troop fits the model’s size a bit better and will be more useful on the table (the stealthy aura is the real money), but I can respect that you went ‘angry thing that shoots far’ while I went ‘chariot that also has a gun’.

2 Likes

Maybe I am going to get real chariots anyways later :smiley:
Somehow it feels weird to use one huge thing as three smaller things, hm.
Husband was also not convinced of that idea (but he also isn’t convinced in multibasing and using anything but the actual model count so… he is special :smiley: ) and as he is my only gaming partner, I have to get his OK in the first place. :wink:

2 Likes

Next unit “on the road” :smiley:

6 Likes

A troop of chariots is only ‘two models’ on a 100x100, personally I’d say a massive chariot + a wolf or squig or whatever would be perfect :wink: But I can respect not wanting to, especially if you’ve got chariot plans in the future that this wouldn’t jive with. Impressive you fit it on the 75x75!

2 Likes

Some of these guys are so full of paint, cause I bought them second hand - then I painted them over and now I tried to fix some parts, but …crap… I am looking forward to painting new miniatures again… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry, they still look very good.

1 Like

Thankies :sparkling_heart: - I know where to look to see the mess, but from afar they are okish :grinning:

30 (29) little critter!

4 Likes

Last unit for now, ehhhh, I need to do something else before I work on heros/standard bearers… :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

New title for my topic :smiley:

This is now a place to document the painting progress of my 2022 painting goal:

151 miniatures for NA/KoM

non KoW
12 for Saga
42 for FF (starting with a new faction)
5 random minis

→ 10 done

→ 200 to go

5 Likes

Today’s task:

They still need Greenstuff and I am gonna put them on single bases, so that can can mix them later when I find alternative models.

3 Likes

I love the choice of colours!

1 Like