Ping pong table for gaming?

We’re in the process of swapping out various tables. One option would be to get a ping pong table and have it double as a wargaming table. It seems awkwardly large but would be nice for the basement for my sons. Has anyone done this? Any strong feelings on how that worked out?

2 Likes

We used to do large 3v3 Warhammer battles back in my youth on a ping pong table. However, we had a set of large mdf plates (complete with grass flock) on top of the table. Playing directly on a ping pong table might be a bit awkward as many models have gaps in the middle and/or aren’t all even.

If possible I’d recommend taking a look at the table in person, before you buy, instead of ordering online.

In any case, was great fun back in the day and perfect for really large battles :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ive used a ping pong table, when i was a kid. It was the only play surface my friend had in his house we could play on. As far as it being big, you can always limit the play are to half the table if need be. For large tables i have pre cut vinyl pads i lay out for the gaming surface.

You use what ya have!

2 Likes

definitely used a ping pong table. put a gaming mat on it.

played a 6 month long game of 5mm napoleonics on three ping pong tables lengthwise once. looked awesome. so much work.

2 Likes

Echo @Bard_VWG to use a gaming mat. Best investment I made ever. 60-ish Euro’s and I can turn any surface (even the floor if needed) into a 4x6 battle area. It’s exactly the right size, looks great (good for pictures) and I can roll it up just to store it.

Here’s mine!

2 Likes